• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

Buscema cloud9.gif

Beautiful pick up!

Hey guys,

I just got this in. Its by Wayne England (he does a bunch of D&D and Magic stuff) and it was used in the recent Spell Compendium for a spell called Briar Web.

wethornshi8.jpg

P.S. - Let's keep my status as a D&D fan on the DL. smile.gif

And no, not that kind of DL.

It's been a while since I have had an art day -- it was worth the wait.

I received this Sandman #54 page today, featuring great work by Mike Allred. No Morpheus in sight but this one was really Prez's story.

Still looking for a nice sample of Marc Hempel's work on the series, if anyone is selling or trading.

Cheers,

S.

Hey guys,

I just got this in. Its by Wayne England (he does a bunch of D&D and Magic stuff) and it was used in the recent Spell Compendium for a spell called Briar Web.

wethornshi8.jpg

Very nice piece, I like how the vines are treated. thumbsup2.gif

Are they painted on a matt board or is that all on one illustration board?

Hey guys,

wethornshi8.jpg

Very nice piece, I like how the vines are treated. thumbsup2.gif

Are they painted on a matt board or is that all on one illustration board?

The vines are painted on the same board as the main scene - it makes for a pretty cool effect.

Sweat Paintings Court! The big one reminds me of an EC cover. The power of suggestion really makes a statement! Cool stuff.

Thanks Chris! It was actually the cover to an IDW black and white horror mag that was a bit of an homage to both EC and Eerie. wink.gif

I love the way it looks like he's either just killed the guy...or just stumbled across the body. Of course, the suggestion is pretty strong that he's just admiring his handywork. I'm just waiting for him to look up at me and start talking. crazy.gif

He has a very nasty set of clippers in his hand so I have to go with the handywork admiration.

I'm just waiting for him to look up at me and start talking.

All Ghostbusters 2 style "Is Veego!". Very Cool. grin.gif

Thanks Chris! It was actually the cover to an IDW black and white horror mag that was a bit of an homage to both EC and Eerie. wink.gif

I love the way it looks like he's either just killed the guy...or just stumbled across the body. Of course, the suggestion is pretty strong that he's just admiring his handywork. I'm just waiting for him to look up at me and start talking. crazy.gif

Very nice piece, I am also impressed with Geddes's work!

The magazine format book it's from is titled Doomed. There were four issues printed before it was canceled. Each issue had two covers, one by Ashley Wood and the other by Jeremy Geddes. Your OA is from #2 and was flipped for the cover.

Since the killer/guy looks like he has different body parts stitched to himself, I always got the idea he was about to snip off a new/replacement hand!

1201450-Doomed%232Alt.jpg

I can't defend him as Marvel's EIC, but I always loved Joe Quesada's early 90s work. McFarlane and Lee had nothing on him.

That said, here's a piece I picked up on eBay for a song (compared to what those other two artists stuff sells for anyway):

X-Factor 92 Pinup / Fatal Attractions Promo Ad