• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

I really liked Finch's run on Ultimate X-Men...but ever since then, I see his art and it reminds me of Liefeld. Obviously, Finch is MUCH more talented than Liefeld, it's just a feeling I get. Strange, I know.

Haven't posted the"other" one yet insane.gif

Are these the pages you were in a dispute over? Glad to see you got them.

Nope. that other situation is almost over. Everything is fine....

I really liked Finch's run on Ultimate X-Men...but ever since then, I see his art and it reminds me of Liefeld. Obviously, Finch is MUCH more talented than Liefeld, it's just a feeling I get. Strange, I know.

Could be the inker you are responding to. Art Thibert did the inking for alot of David's Ultimate X-Men run.....

Could be the inker you are responding to. Art Thibert did the inking for alot of David's Ultimate X-Men run.....

Yes, that's certainly true. Who inks Finch on Moon Knight? I think it has the same dirty, gritty feel as a lot of Liefeld's work.

Who inks Finch on Moon Knight?

Danny Miki, who inked his stuff on Avengers and New Avengers

Danny Miki is also one of the early Image artists and has worked with Liefeld a lot. A Liefeld clone you might say... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Danny Miki is also one of the early Image artists and has worked with Liefeld a lot. A Liefeld clone you might say...

I would most certainly not say......

Danny is one of the premier inkers working. Did you happen to see the Quesada covers to Wolverine Origins?...the inks are friggin wonderful. If Liefeld had an inker as good as Miki is now, he would not be mocked.

I have some Miki inked pieces and the last thing in the world I think of is Liefeld.

Chris

Danny Miki is also one of the early Image artists and has worked with Liefeld a lot. A Liefeld clone you might say...

I would most certainly not say......

Danny is one of the premier inkers working. Did you happen to see the Quesada covers to Wolverine Origins?...the inks are friggin wonderful. If Liefeld had an inker as good as Miki is now, he would not be mocked.

I have some Miki inked pieces and the last thing in the world I think of is Liefeld.

Chris

Maybe I was being a little harsh, as I have not seen much of his more recent work. He certainly started out very much in the Liefeld vien though. Glad to hear he has uped his game. thumbsup2.gif

If Liefeld had an inker as good as Miki is now, he would not be mocked.

I

OK, that's definitely a stretch. I don't care how good the inker is, no one is capable of correcting Liefeld anatomy issues...among other things. That is, unless you just want to let the inker totally redraw the page.

Speaking of which...

Best.Artist.Ever.

Edited by jjeanius