• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,756 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I just got a scan of my latest commission from Scott at Catskill comics. It is by Steve Mannion and all pencils. It is the latest in my "trophy wall" theme of commissions. It proves that there is room for comedy even in a theme this dark.

godzillsteve.jpg

or for a nicer scan click HERE

Many thanks to Scott and Steve..it is everything I hoped for and more.

Best,

Chris Caira

www.hulk-smash.com

VERY cool!

I'm enjoying this "theme" of yours, how many more do you have planned? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I recognize Gamera, Ghidrah, KK, and Mecha-Godzilla; but who is that Samauri guy on the lower left? confused-smiley-013.gif

VERY cool!

I'm enjoying this "theme" of yours, how many more do you have planned?

Thanks,

There are 7-8 being worked on now, and 4-5 more after that by year's end. And I am taking suggestions and requests. If you think of a great artist character combo I am all ears.

I recognize Gamera, Ghidrah, KK, and Mecha-Godzilla; but who is that Samauri guy on the lower left?

That is Daimajin a pissed off giant stone god. sumo.gif

See THIS for more info.

Basically he is a Godzilla combined with a samurai....a great great movie.

Thanks

Chris

So where's Megalon, or the Smog Monster! Mothra and those 2 annoying little girls who sang!

At first I was gonna go all Godzilla enemies...but then I thought it would be fun to have Godzilla sitting in triumph over all manner of movie giant monsters. There are a couple from his films...and then he crosses over to Kong, Gamera and Daimajin.

Basically Godzilla is king of the giant monsters....and as for the 2 annoying little girls...I think they got stuck in his back teeth.

Chris

Maybe Kraven, with the heads of Rhino, The Lizard, Octopus, etc, etc...?

That idea was commissioned back in january from Bob McLeod. He was the inker on those great issues of Amazing Spider-man (293-294) with Zeck pencilling "Kraven's last hunt". Bob created a dark, moody, look to those books and he is perfect for this. He should be working on it sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Depending on Bob's time there might be 2 versions of this...heroes and villains...there are more than enough "animals" to be mounted on the wall on each the hero and villain side.

Best,

Chris

I love the Joker trophy room. The colored version is great too.

Oooh Yeah....thanks...that Bolland commission started this whole thing. It was supposed to be a stand alone commission but the idea would not leave me alone. I kept thinking of variations on the theme. And when I talked to artists they were all so excited to get working on it. When you find an idea that get's an artist jazzed up you tend to get great pieces out of them. I have a hard time turning down a talented artist who is motivated to give their absolute best.

Thanks again,

Chris

Picked this one up at the James Jean show in LA last night...

FablesTPB7.jpg

This one is a very large 22" x 30", mixed media...and MUCH more impressive in person. Love it! laugh.gif

Nope, I don't like you. I don't like you at all smile.gif.

Congrats on the awesome JJ piece!!!!!!!

Yes, this is the final cover artwork for the upcoming Fables "Arabian Nights" trade paperback (which is a wraparound cover).

Secret Headquarters was a very nice store, but a bit small for the crowd that showed up. Guess that's a good thing...there was a great turnout.