• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

This one showed up in my email box today (since it is a digital color job of a commission I have)

Here is Tom Smith's Digital Colors of David Michael Beck's Red Skull's Trophy Wall.

Tom's a pro's pro.....

Best,

Chris Caira

One thing I noticed

I thought Bucky's last name was BarnEs

But on the skull its listed as BARNS

which is correct spelling?

One thing I noticed

I thought Bucky's last name was BarnEs

But on the skull its listed as BARNS

which is correct spelling?

Good eye,

I thought I was the only one that noticed the mis-spelling.

It is Barnes with an E.

I have had that fixed on the original.

Chris

kewl. no offense intended.

None taken. I actually did not ask for the reverse swastika. It must have been the artist's idea. I only mentioned how much Skull and hitler hated each other. I am only guessing as to how it got reverseed....

i really dig that theme you have going. it will be interesting to see them all up at the same time...hint hint

should have a Thanos one by Starlin. that would be just ill

They are all up now on my site... Trophy Wall on Hulk-Smash.com

I will be doing something special for them once this year is done. There are 8-9 more of these currently in the works by all different artists. As for the Starlin Thanos...no comment (yet). 893applaud-thumb.gif

Best,

Chris Caira

If you ever track down the next page in issue 32 (Jesse in the movie theater), they would look really cool together. Just a random thought...

Yeah, they've been around the block a few times, but finally found thier way home.......

sfkkd0.jpgsfkl10.jpg

Thanks SOLAR(and the guy that sold them to him, and the guy before that and so on and so on.....)

Great pages Mike! thumbsup2.gif

Jesse & Star pages = Gold!!!

-Hart

I had Ron Wilson do the following recreation for me. I believe it looks great, and I might try to get someone to ink it for me next... Dan Green inked the cover originally, but I don't have his contact info.

It's the recreation to Captain America #228, one of the first Cap comics I ever bought...

cap228final.jpg

Dan Green inked the cover originally, but I don't have his contact info.

Mitch at Graphic Collectibles knows how to get a hold of him. He has gotten pages from him in the past.

Chris

This just arrived today... 893applaud-thumb.gif

dcstorm.jpg

Hello Everyone,

I just got a scan of my latest commission from Scott at Catskill comics. It is by Steve Mannion and all pencils. It is the latest in my "trophy wall" theme of commissions. It proves that there is room for comedy even in a theme this dark.

godzillsteve.jpg

or for a nicer scan click HERE

Many thanks to Scott and Steve..it is everything I hoped for and more.

Best,

Chris Caira

www.hulk-smash.com

Hello Everyone,

I just got a scan of my latest commission from Scott at Catskill comics. It is by Steve Mannion and all pencils. It is the latest in my "trophy wall" theme of commissions. It proves that there is room for comedy even in a theme this dark.

godzillsteve.jpg

or for a nicer scan click HERE

Many thanks to Scott and Steve..it is everything I hoped for and more.

Best,

Chris Caira

www.hulk-smash.com

That is an awesome piece! Congrats! I would love to see your other theme pieces as well.

That is an awesome piece! Congrats! I would love to see your other theme pieces as well.

My main site is being updated now....but I have the rest of them on my CAF gallery..

Comic Art Fans Gallery.

You'll find one under Bolland and the rest under "trophy wall"..

Thanks for the kind words.

Chris