• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

New in, from Heritage, the Marty Taras cover art to BABY HUEY # 51.

Unlikely to appeal to superhero-type collectors, but I have a deep nostalgic affection for these covers from the 1960s, which showcased my earliest introduction to Yankee comic-books smile.gif

As I mentioned when i saw you today- Really nice page!

I bought a page of Detective art from Norm Breyfolge. Really nice guy,by the way. He talked to me about my art, etc. before he set up, which was awesome and his prices for his own work were more than reasonable. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks Rob. It was nice to see you again. Yeah, I went over to Norm's table , but he had quite the crowd. I watched him interacting with the fans...he's very gregarious and I must say, quite fan friendly. I looked through his stuff too, but nothing caught my eye.

Okay -- something a little different today, and hopefully the beginning of more variety in my collection wink.gif

Two pages from the recent Batman Annual #25. I really like that Jason Todd is back, and giving Bats a challenge for once. I don't especially care for the "he's back because Superboy punched a wall", but hey, it's DC.

Jason gets beat, and runs away.

and

When former sidekicks go bad.

Man SDCC 2006 was a blast. I had a great time, and I will post a more detailed report later but here is what I picked up.

Buzz did a 14x17 ink wash Talia for me

THE KITTY AND THE COWL

Ryan Sook nailed a sweet Harley and Batman pencil piece

SOOK BATS AND HARLEY

I hit the Eric Powell jackpot as well.

His prices were dramatically higher than last year but still well worth it.

Conan Splash from the tribute issue #28

CONAN #28 SPLASH

Hulk page from Devil Dinosaur

DEVIL DINO PAGE #20

Goon Splash from Goon #15 (his only hand colored story)

GOON #15 SPLASH

Finally a sweet tribute to Hitchcock's "The Birds" from The Goon #17

RUN TIPPY!!!! RUNNNNNNNN!!

My Centerpiece Acquisition was

Brian Bolland's DC Who's Who Villains Cover.

BOLLAND JOKER AND VILLAINS COVER

Enjoy the scans and please let me know what you think.

A con report is to follow.

Best,

Chris Caira

www.hulk-smash.com

Okay -- something a little different today, and hopefully the beginning of more variety in my collection wink.gif

Two pages from the recent Batman Annual #25. I really like that Jason Todd is back, and giving Bats a challenge for once. I don't especially care for the "he's back because Superboy punched a wall", but hey, it's DC.

and

Love them. hail.gif

and

Nice

OK, I've had this piece for a long time, but finally got around to photographing it while I was out in San Diego (where it is being stored). It's another of my Enrich Vampirella gallery paintings:

1324330-VampiQueenofBeastsResized.jpg

hail.gif

Why is it being stored in SD?

hail.gif

Thanks, everyone! thumbsup2.gif

The piece is in San Diego for a couple of reasons: (1) I have limited wall space in NYC while there is a lot more space at my parents' house in San Diego and (2) I like having a portion of my collection in a separate location so that, if a fire or other disaster destroyed my collection here, I would still have *something* left over to show for my collecting efforts.

hail.gif

Thanks, everyone! thumbsup2.gif

The piece is in San Diego for a couple of reasons: (1) I have limited wall space in NYC while there is a lot more space at my parents' house in San Diego and (2) I like having a portion of my collection in a separate location so that, if a fire or other disaster destroyed my collection here, I would still have *something* left over to show for my collecting efforts.

Ah.....I knew you were keeping pieces at your parents' place, but I assumed they were in NYC also.