• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

I just picked it up today!

Its a recreation of sorts of the cover to Superman Vs Spiderman Dy Dave Ross.

I asked him to recreate cover how he saw fit.

Its just pencils but I think it looks great that way.

1329921-Superman%2520Vs%2520Spiderman1_2.jpg

I JUST got that piece in an email. I help out my art rep, Bob Shaw, with his web site and he just added Dave Ross to the site. Very cool piece.

very cool! on average, how much does an original GPK painting cost? And how big are they?

Since I have been watching over the past six months or so, I have seen them anywhere in the range of $400 to $1700 for the original 80s issue paintings. They (Topps) sell some 2000s series art and roughs as well. The two big artists from the orginals that I know of are John Pound and James Warhola (Andy's nephew). I think there are some other artists on those original issues though.

Topps Vault actually keeps track of some of the sales from ebay on their own site: Topps Vault. There, they have some recorded sales of $3k, $4k, and one of almost $6k. I imagine if something like the iconic Adam Bomb/Blasted Billy card (Series 1) ever came up (don't know if it already has or if it ever will), it would fetch in the 5 digits easily. That is just a guess, I am not in the GPK collecting community or anything.

My piece is about 5"x7". I would think they all pretty much follow that format, but I am not sure.

I JUST got that piece in an email. I help out my art rep, Bob Shaw, with his web site and he just added Dave Ross to the site. Very cool piece.

Wha do you mean you just got that piece in email?

Are they using it as an example of Dave Ross's Commision art work?

Cool!

Cool!

Exactly what he's doing. I got about a dozen examples of his commission art to put on the site as fanfare is still handling his original comic art.

Cool!

Exactly what he's doing. I got about a dozen examples of his commission art to put on the site as fanfare is still handling his original comic art.

Tell Dave I want a discount for using art I own to advertise his sales.

I want one penny pack.

on the menu this morning...some of my favorites! Issues 40 and 41 are probably my two favorite issues of Fables to date, both for the art and the story...

like Boy Blue on this one...even though it's from 43. :-p

Pinocchio and Boy Blue are reunited...as are father and son.

flashback to the Last Castle

hey Pinocchio...grab that cloak for me...?

Sorry! (thought that might happen).

OK...today, a little background...

Let me just say that no series has ever touched me the same way that Fables has. I enjoy everything about it...the story, the art, the covers...to me, it's just a perfect book. I've read through the series three or four times now, and it entertains me each and every time. It's the only series for which I buy the singles AND the trades. I know this isn't a superhero book, and so doesn't interest some of you...but if you have ANY fond memories for the fairy tales and the fairy tale characters of your childhood, I can't recommend this series to you enough.

Anyway, as much as I love the whole series, Homelands is my favorite story arc...and issues 40 and 41 my favorite issues of the run. For these two issues, both the art and story approach perfection. For this reason, I couldn't be happier to have 9 consecutive pages from 41. Picking up where I left off yesterday, here's the second half...(and to those of you not interested in Fables, don't worry...I'm almost done for now :-)

Big Walter Horton!

"I hope you'll forgive me for this Pinocchio, but he's a monster that needs to die."

OK, time to go!

stopping along the way

BB & RRH safely back in Fabletown

Edited by jjeanius

I really love the old pre-Unity Valiant books, so I picked up a nice Harbinger #0 page from David Lapham.

David was nice enough to unexpectedly include a funny (and free) sktech of Harada (the Valiant universe's telepathic uber-villian)...

Lapham stuff...