• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

Hey all, things have been crazy since I am living in California for the summer, so this post is long due, but here are some of my latest acquisitions!

First is a huge DPS commission I got from Bob Layton, I wanted a piece that summarized some of the biggest moments in Cap's career. I am definitely impressed with this piece!

508b1eab.jpg

Second is the cover to Captain America #411, by Rik Levins and Danny Bulanadi:

a5_3.jpg

I also got Bob Layton to ink a recreation of the Captain America 228 cover, pencilled by the original penciller Ron Wilson. He lightboxed the pencils so that I can have both the pencil version and the inked version:

ceb74645.jpg

Thanks to Court(jjeanius) for this piece. I have not received it yet, but I received the scan of the final version, it's by Renato Italo:

RenatoCapAmericaRedSkullCommission.jpg

Another commission, this one by Dave Ross, beautiful pencils, I will definitely have to look for a good inker to finish this one up...

RossCaptainAmericaRedSkull060706.jpg

Finally, here's a prelim that I got from a commission Diego Maia is working on. Once again, thanks Court for setting this one up! Hopefully Diego will finish it up shortly!

DMaiaCapAmericaSharonPencils.jpg

Thanks to Court(jjeanius) for this piece. I have not received it yet, but I received the scan of the final version, it's by Renato Italo:

Jeez, I hadn't realised the Red Skull had such powerful and muscular legs . . . god help Cap America if he traps him into a scissor lock . . .

Jeez, I hadn't realised the Red Skull had such powerful and muscular legs . . . god help Cap America if he traps him into a scissor lock . . .

Well Red Skull was part of the Nazi Germany and Hitler gace his men roids. stooges.gif

Here is My latest piece of art From Marvel Team-Up #35 by Sal Buscema. Human Torch in action My CAF gallery

I also included in my gallery some Marvel Unverse III colr art of the Fantastic Four.

Edited by marveljunkie

Another from the 'Bay:

Pin-Up most likely used for the Marvel Universe Handbook or for a Marvel House ad.

A beautiful Dazzler by John Romita Sr. & inked by Johnny Jr.!

Dazzler

If anyone with issue 3 of "OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE (1983-1984)" could help me verify i would appreciate it...

I am in the process of buying these two pieces from Batman 640 by Paul Lee. I wish they were whole pages but oh well. Apparently he draws each panel in blue pencil on pieces of 8 1/2 X 11 copy type paper. He then splices the panels together digitally to form the page in photoshop. He then emails the finished page to the inker who prints them out on artboard to ink them.

1296510-PaulLeeBatman640Pg13Panel4.jpg

1296510-PaulLeeBatman640Pg13Panel4.jpg.e4ef42286c714a4caf70b13a82cd9d1f.jpg