• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

I just got a page I've been after for a while and I'm glad to have it in my hands, but somewhere between the artist and me, Fedex wasn't very careful with it and the page has two major creases across the bottom. :frustrated:

The end splash page for Trials of Loki #3 by Sebastian Fiumara

tumblr_niuhv6l54v1qbr00oo1_1280.jpg

A few pages collected these last two months:

- Three pages from Tim Sale for Batman (Long Halloween & Dark Victory)

- Six pages from R.M. Guéra for Scalped

- One double page from J.H.Williams III for Promethea

- One page from Jason Shawn Alexander for Abe Sapien

- One page from Kelley Jones for Swamp Thing

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerynew.asp?GCat=50894

Thanks for looking, hope you'll enjoy :)

Added a few new pieces to my CAF. The highlight is this painting by Lucio Parillo which is the original for Game of Thrones Issue 17 (Mile High Variant). I was thrilled to add this to my Daenerys pieces and it's a beautiful piece. Apologize for only having the pic, I hope to access a scanner big enough to scan this (it's 16" x 24"). Please feel free to swing by my CAF and enjoy!

gq54T3R0_2901152036171.jpeg

I just uploaded this Mage (2) Splash by Matt Wagner!

CAF Link

Thanks for looking

Malvin

Great page Malvin. I love Matt's creator owned work but fear it is becoming a forgotten and neglected part of comics. I doubt we will ever see Hero Destroyed (was that the intended name?) and that is a shame.

Great Kirby splash though, keep it up!

Just added a Wrightson DPS from Punisher POV #2 with a huge Frankenstein-esque monster on twice up board. Pencilled and inked by the master with amazing details with Mary Shelley-like narrative style. While I can dream of owning a genuine Wrightson Frankenstein plate one day, this is an inspiring (and considerably more affordable) tribute to this great artist and his beloved Frankestein. And a Punisher origin recap to boot. Check it out:

Wrightson DPS

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1201980&GSub=116684

Great Raney Hulk page acquired via Spencer's annual sale. Raney is a great artist that - love being able to add another Hulk page (5 and counting) to the collection.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1201982&GSub=115616

Love this Maguire commission that I was able to pick up via the last comiclink auction. Kevin's art can be hit or miss .... this one really hit for me so I was glad to be able to get this one.

As always, comments welcomed and appreciated:thumbs2:

O8Xz8bXk_1302151359401.jpg

oVJz7lbv_1302151402201.jpg

No sooner then writing about this issue HERE did the opportunity arise to purchase a page of art from the issue... and what a page it is. I do not know if the seller wants to be named so I am not going to do that as it was a private sale.

I picked up four pages of art this week with the last one in transit. I do not post anything until I have it in hand. Two of them are GI Joe pages and two are Valiant pages featuring the Eternal Warrior. The Valiant pages were cool and all but the Joe page that I am showing off is a grail piece for Joe collectors. It comes from the very last issue of GI Joe and this splash page details Snake Eyes reflecting on why he rejoined the armed services and became a member of the GI Joe team.

It now makes up one of the top pieces in my little collection of artwork. I could not be more proud to give this page a good home.

The other two pages are of Bloodshot 4 Page 9 and Magnus Robot Fighter 28 Page 20.

GIJoe%20155%20Page%2016.jpg

Bloodshot%201st%20Series%20Issue%204%20Page%209.jpg

Magnus%20Robot%20Fighter%201991%20Issue%2028%20Page%2020.jpg