• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

Picked this up the other day. The "graphic" cover to issue 18 of Deaworld from 1991. I love Vince Locke's stuff, especially the paintings.

summer.jpg

Absolutely awesome, George!!! :headbang:

I present to you the first Grodd Commission of aught eight! Grodd vs. Power Girl by Lan Medina! Also check out the awesome prelim that was on the back of the piece! Thanks to Lan and to Court Gebeau for setting it all up!

http://qurls.com?i=5452

(I tried to embed the image...dunno why it didn't show up...)

Edited by GroddGuy

This just arrived today.

Splash page from Marvel Super Heroes 18 the First appearance of Guardians of the Galaxy. by Gene Colan. (later used in Astonishing tales)

gogfull.jpg

This just arrived today.

Splash page from Marvel Super Heroes 18 the First appearance of Guardians of the Galaxy. by Gene Colan. (latter used in Astonishig tales)

gogfull.jpg

Great piece of Marvel history! (thumbs u

I present to you the first Grodd Commission of aught eight! Grodd vs. Power Girl by Lan Medina! Also check out the awesome prelim that was on the back of the piece! Thanks to Lan and to Court Gebeau for setting it all up!

http://qurls.com?i=5452

(I tried to embed the image...dunno why it didn't show up...)

Very Nice!! I like the prelim also. I think I'm next on Lan's commission list. He's doing a Fables pinup for me.

I asked Vince about this while finalizing some details on a commission he's been working on for me. He ended up still having it and made me an offer I couldn't pass up. I'm a Harley Davidson guy myself, so this really does it for me. The cover to Deadworld #1 (2005 run) :cloud9:

deadworld-1.jpg

More great Deadworld art, very nice George! :headbang:

how long is lan's wait time?

It was about 6 weeks wait for him to get started when I paid for the commission in May (just received it this week). It was a slow process, but I also made a lot of changes to his original layouts, and to be fair, Lan started Foolkiller right about the time I got my first prelim. But Court keeps you updated even through the long wait. But then again...I'm a patient person.

Edited by GroddGuy

I can't contain my excitement. I've wanted a page with a hero sky diving (or just falling out of the sky) ever since I saw Snake Eyes jumping out of a plane in G.I. Joe #21. Well that page is un-obtainable. Then I saw the cool page of Wolverine falling off the S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier in his Civil War arc, but when I found the page, it had been sold. Other pages either didn't have a character I like or wasn't drawn well. Alas I may never find a great skydiving page....until....I read Captain America: The Chosen #5. This page couldn't be more perfect for me cause I have also been looking for a great Cap page, hopefully one that shows him back in the 1940's. Well page 17 of this book has a big spread of Cap jumping out of one of my favorite plane designs in a flashback to his early years as well as having the main character Newman and the "mental projection" of Cap! And to top it off, those goggles are awesome! I'm so happy. It's on hold for me right now!

BreitweiserCaptainAmericaIssue05-10.jpg

If you liked the pencils you are gonna love this....Kevin Nowlan inked a blue line. So the pencils are preserved and I have this gorgeous finished piece to boot....

Ivan Reis - Kevin Nowlan Sinestro's Trophy Wall

IvanReisSinestroNowlanLow.jpg

Belated Christmas gift a good friend sent me...by Ivan Reis.

The description of the piece is here. Sinestro's Trophy Wall

IvanReisSinestro.jpg

Another jaw-dropper!!!!! (worship) (worship) (worship)

I love how he put Sinestro in the foregreound! .

Another fine Douglas Paszkiewicz cover re-do.

Why everyone doesn't own something from him is beyond me. His prices are, um, STARTLING :makepoint:

:applause: One of my favorite Schomburg covers and Doug found a way to make it his own....super