• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

I just picked this one up a few weeks ago. Yes, it’s a panel page and a late one to boot where Kirby’s drawing was showing signs of his health problems, but the overall design and flow and weirdness appeals to me. And besides, I heart Kirby.

Mike Thibodeaux’s inks look a little shaky close up but I recall reading that Mike Royer had trouble with bleeding on certain boards Jack used at one time, so I suspect that may be the case here. The scan hides most, if not all of it.

And I almost forgot: I was able to use ebay's 10% discount, and covered 2/3rds of the cost using spare change I'd saved. :banana:

CaptainVictory8.jpg

Hello all:

Today I picked up two pages from Ant 3 by Mario Gully from my LCS. First, I was shocked my LCS had any original art; second, I can't believe it was selling pages from my favorite Ant issue of which I was able to buy the cover from Gully earlier this year.

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

They go along nicely with this:

070.jpg

sweet piece.

Here is another pick up i just made. Amazing Spider-man 577 cover. I personally think Paolo Rivera is a great painter, and to see him do some pencil and ink work is pretty cool and a nice change. So when i saw this i just loved the style and feel of this cover. Definately a different style, but i like it.

ASM577COV_scan.jpg

Here is another pick up i just made. Amazing Spider-man 577 cover. I personally think Paolo Rivera is a great painter, and to see him do some pencil and ink work is pretty cool and a nice change. So when i saw this i just loved the style and feel of this cover. Definately a different style, but i like it.

ASM577COV_scan.jpg

Nice piece, it almost looks like Paul Pope

Thanks Shiver and FF, definately have had a good week on the art collection. Gearing up for Baltimore Comic Con. Here is my last pick up in the past week, Invincible 48 cover, the other Invincible i posted is the cover to 58.

Invincible48.jpg

ASM577COV_scan.jpg

Man this is a great cover.