• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

Love the Thanos splash. Once you let it go, how did you get it back?

I almost went after that splash when it was on ebay awhile back. Then I noticed the guy pointing to Thanos' crotch...

He's just trying to pimp out the Titan. What's wrong with that???

Anyway, I sold it for a good profit and then I had to buy it back from the guy and give him a good profit too!

Love the Thanos splash. Once you let it go, how did you get it back?

I almost went after that splash when it was on ebay awhile back. Then I noticed the guy pointing to Thanos' crotch...

He's just trying to pimp out the Titan. What's wrong with that???

Anyway, I sold it for a good profit and then I had to buy it back from the guy and give him a good profit too!

I've never read that storyline. How did Thanos become the same size as Galactus?

(I posted this in the "Show off your framed art" thread, and wanted to post it here, too, since this is my first piece of "true" original art.)

From the other thread: I actually bought this for my wfe - she loves Batman, and loves the Joker, so I was able to find some original coloring book art and surprise her with it! Very affordable way to dip my toe into the pool of original art. :) Artist is Loston Wallace. Double-matted in reflective silver (not sure if you can tell from the picture) and black. I'm VERY happy w/ how it turned out, and my wife was VERY surprised and very happy.

1001941ql0.jpg

Here's a close-up of the art itself.

1001948gn3.jpg

Thanks! :) I've always hesitated to get into the hobby because I thought the prices for everything would be way out of my range (I'd never done any research), but this was a pleasant surprise. I thought this would be a neat thing to get my wife, and a neat thing to have as a couple.

I got it from Anthony's Collectibles website, and it was mailed very quickly (USPS Priority Mail) and packaged well. Great first experience w/ buying original art.

Anthony's a good guy. I haven't bought nything from him in gosh, maybe 8 years or more, but he was always good with me. I remember once that I had dibs on this Alex Maleev Batman cover. It was right around Christmas, because Anthony said Alex would get the original back around the time it hit the shelves.

BatmanLegendsoftheDarkKnight126.jpg

I had the money all set up to send to Anthony, but then Anthony found out from Alex that the original didn't come back to him. Alex had a call in to DC and the word was that it had been "lost". Which is code for absconded with I'm sure. Alex was pissed. Anthony was none to happy, and I was disappointed. Anyhow, I never got the chance to buy it, but if anyone ever sees it turn up, be sure to let Anthony, Alex or I know.

Gotta love the Batman, and yours is a cool way to get your feet wet. honestly, I've never understood why guys pay thousands for comics that have multiple copies out there, especially when they are encased in plastic slabs, when the originals are just that.

Different mindset I guess.

-e.

I was extremely fortunate to acquire the two pages.

Marvel Super heroes 18

I had to make a quick sale so essentially I trade a piece for this double spread. Hopefully after a current career crisis (Hit Thursday) I will be able to pick up the pieces and actually buy again. In the future regardless of value I want to restore the pieces to their original beauty. Now that I own them I can wait as long as necessary.