• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

Ever since i got the Red Sonja pin up by Ed Benes, i thought that adding a commission by his brother, Fred Benes would be pretty sweet. So i asked him to draw a pin up of the Black Cat after breaking into a jewelry store. I got a preview from him of the pencils, and it looks pretty awesome! What do you all think?

fredbenes.jpg

Well, my Heritage win showed up in the Mail today, its always a great day when a Perez NTT piece shows up and I couldn't be happier with this one from NTT #20.

NTT20.jpg

Sweet page. (worship) Perez in his prime, imo.

Got a new Jeff Jones piece in. Showed up faster than expected. It happens so rarely, so it was a welcome surprise. :)

Really a very delicate piece, but with astounding mood and so accomplished for what it was. I love seeing Jeff's art from the 70s, and this is certainly the oldest of his pieces (pre-cartouche) that I've ever had. I also love that it is as loose around the edges as it is. You can see the energy in it, and some of the choice making and problem solving.

I need to try and get a better scan, because it appears a bit off color in the one from earlier. Trying to get paintings to scan properly can be a real bear sometimes.

If you want a peek, it's in my CAF gallery here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=7723

-e.

WHAT IS BEST IN LIFE?

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES...

SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU...

AND WIN MULTIPLE CONAN PAGES FOR $20 EACH.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=52898

Just panel pages (apart from that mind-bendingly awesome splash page!) but these are the comics I grew up reading, with my favorite villain featured in all.