• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WORLD OF NO RETURN!
4 4

73 posts in this topic

On 9/15/2024 at 6:07 PM, Buzzetta said:

You do not seem happy with comic collecting. 

That’s British-level understatement.

The intense hyperanxiety is concerning.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 9/16/2024 at 9:56 AM, Paul © ® 💙™ said:

:cloud9:

DSCN4924.JPG

I have that in Lego modular city.  Avengers Tower was a beast.  Sanctum Santorum felt unfinished on the inside. 

X-Men Mansion comes out in two months. (Ahem... Rumor) - last time I posted images and things like that I got a cease and desist from Lego lol

On 9/16/2024 at 4:24 PM, Buzzetta said:

I have that in Lego modular city.  Avengers Tower was a beast.  Sanctum Santorum felt unfinished on the inside. 

X-Men Mansion comes out in two months. (Ahem... Rumor) - last time I posted images and things like that I got a cease and desist from Lego lol

This is the first lego item I've bought since my kids were little, when I used to buy items and take hours putting them together for them, I was aghast at how intricate lego had gotten since I was a kid.

I bought the Daily Bugle purely for investment. No idea whether it will escalate over time or not, I just took a punt. It's still sealed in its rather large box for over three years now. I think it will at least always hold its value (I hope) but in any rate the box is pretty.

On 9/16/2024 at 4:24 PM, Buzzetta said:

last time I posted images and things like that I got a cease and desist from Lego lol

:censored: Lego. They can bite me. I paid a lot of money for it, its mine, and its my picture.  :sumo:

On 9/16/2024 at 11:44 AM, Paul © ® 💙™ said:

:censored: Lego. They can bite me. I paid a lot of money for it, its mine, and its my picture.  :sumo:

I think @Buzzetta is talking about circulating images of stuff not yet "officially" announced as coming out.

At home drawing pictures
Of mountain tops
With him on top
Lemon-yellow sun
Arms raised in a V
And the dead lay in pools of maroon below

Daddy didn't give attention
Oh, to the fact that mommy didn't care
King Jeremy the wicked
Oh, ruled his world

Jeremy spoke in class today
Jeremy spoke in class today

On 9/16/2024 at 12:00 AM, shadroch said:

His books, his rulez.

On 9/16/2024 at 5:48 AM, Motor City Rob said:

Perfectly stated! :golfclap:

Even though I personally believe we should be responsible caretakers for our cultural/historical artifacts (and Mother Earth, in general), I completely agree with the quoted sentiment -- except when it comes to selling trimmed material without adequate disclosure, as the OP attempted to do here and then here.

On 9/16/2024 at 5:04 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Stick around, Jeremy. Don't worry about saying you've left, or what others might say if you start posting again. You don't have to stick to it. Just as in real life, we all say things in the heat of the moment which we don't mean. If anyone says anything about it, just tell them you changed your mind!

You're quite young for a collector, Jeremy, and you've been honest about your difficulties. You also have the language barrier to contend with and yet you've stuck it out. I like that - the fact that you've stuck it out. You said you have no friends in one of your earlier posts. Well, welcome to the club mate. It's probably why half of us are here each day, if we're honest. This is where we can interact with the world, and discuss those comics that we love. And on that, don't let anyone tell you what to do with your own comics. Sure, if you cut up the only surviving copy of a Charlton price variant even I will disown you, but most of these comics are in plentiful supply. Do what you like with them. They're yours and you paid for them. And remember, CGC themselves offer a service to gouge undesired pieces of comics and ink away, just to make a buck. You do it to satisfy your own mental state so don't let anyone lecture you on that. If you're happy, stuff 'em.

I don't detect any malice in you, Jeremy. Being kind is a strength. If people don't like what you do, they can just skip over it. If they see a need to belittle you however, then they're probably not the kind of people you'll want anything to do with anyway, so ignore them would be my advice. The only person who can tell you what to do here is the moderator.

Stick around, and have fun with those here who are happy to read your posts and discuss them kindly. 

Sad to see someone so tortured, basically.  I’d want my involvement with comics to be distancing and relief from the stresses of the outside world, not constantly additive to them.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 9/15/2024 at 2:16 AM, Coverdeath said:

Watch out!

I hope you like trimming!

20240915_095730.thumb.jpg.d97bee8a13b440b389bcbf61089f7b4e.jpg

And Jeremy, I agree with Shad that you can do what you want to your books.  But please give some thought as to why you would intentionally damage a book and then start a thread to show that damage.  

On 9/16/2024 at 12:42 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Sad to see someone so tortured, basically.  I’d want my involvement with comics to be distancing and relief from the stresses of the outside world, not constantly additive to them.

He's trying.

Despite people jumping all over him.

Screenshot_20240916_125910_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.64013d2042d35b5a6f3fd2a3fc599f20.jpg

On 9/16/2024 at 11:44 AM, Paul © ® 💙™ said:

On 9/16/2024 at 11:56 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

I think @Buzzetta is talking about circulating images of stuff not yet "officially" announced as coming out.

Yes, it stemmed from a DMCA violation for posting images of the Lego Falcon before the Solo movie came out and the toys were revealed.   Now I keep that stuff to myself and let others post it. 

Edited by Buzzetta

I guess I just haven't been paying attention. 

Does this guy purposefully destroy comics to get a rise out of people? 

On 9/16/2024 at 6:05 PM, newshane said:

I guess I just haven't been paying attention. 

Does this guy purposefully destroy comics to get a rise out of people? 

I think he does it because there are defect that gets on his nerves and then he does something to correct the defect.  He damaged multiple books trying to make the book look better, and then just gave up and started removing covers from books since there were fewer defects.  It's really a sad situation, but those are his books and he can do what he wants with them.  I don't think he is trying to get a rise out of people, but as soon as there is some criticism he flips out.