• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How did you first learn of the CGC forum?

328 posts in this topic

CGC's website led the way for me.

I was goofing around on eBay one day and saw CGC books for the first time. I was intrigued, so I came to the website. Clicked the forum link and joined up. I was one of the earliest posters.

And, sorry Harvey Dude, if that was me. tonofbricks.gif

• Administrator
Sweet! My first pinned thread! At long last I feel like a regular. tongue.gif

So where's your response to the thread's question, Arch? poke2.gif

I was lead here by uh... one of my developers? Who said, "Hey, I got that message board up that you wanted installed." And I said... "Cool. I'll check it out."

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

I was wondering why all these "CGC" comics were selling for multiples of their raw counterparts so I searched google, found the main CGC page and came to the forum.

Four years later I'm still trying to figure out why CGC books sell for multiples of their raw counterparts. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My experience was very similiar to Conjob here. I had gotten most my Vertigo comics bought and was thinking about encapsulation. Checked out the site and the rest is history.

I was goofing around on eBay one day and saw CGC books for the first time. I was intrigued, so I came to the website. Clicked the forum link and joined up. I was one of the earliest posters.

And, sorry Harvey Dude, if that was me. tonofbricks.gif

And that's another story you could say, how I ended up here.

Damn, 9 pages.

Was doing a search for comic books and came across the CGC boards.

Started reading for about an hour, saw a thread I wanted to contribute to and signed up right then. Going on 2 years now... tongue.gif

I was wondering why all these "CGC" comics were selling for multiples of their raw counterparts so I searched google, found the main CGC page and came to the forum.

Four years later I'm still trying to figure out why CGC books sell for multiples of their raw counterparts. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My experience was very similiar to Conjob here. I had gotten most my Vertigo comics bought and was thinking about encapsulation. Checked out the site and the rest is history.

Yeah, 4 months history, at an average of 31 posts a day. tongue.gif

Why do you keep calling him Conjob?

it's a Constantine thing, you wouldn't understand it.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah, 4 months history, at an average of 31 posts a day. tongue.gif

Used to be me cloud9.gif

I sent some books to be CGC graded, and after browsing their website, I came across this forum. I checked it out once a week for about 2 months before joining. I think my first post was with respect to listing your top 5 grails. I initially learned about CGC graded books via the Wizard Guide back in 2002. I had quit collecting comic books back in 1997.

I was kidnapped and drugged and put to sleep.

When I woke up I was logged on to my computer here.

Did you also have a CGC logo tattoed on your behind? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

On my forehead.

it's a Constantine thing, you wouldn't understand it.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks for the informative reply. makepoint.gif