• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How did you first learn of the CGC forum?

328 posts in this topic

Yeah, 4 months history, at an average of 31 posts a day. tongue.gif
Used to be me cloud9.gif

Used to be? makepoint.gif Your average was much higher than that. poke2.gif

Your average over 285 days is 13.83.

Oops... mine's 16.07. sorry.gif

grin.gif

But hey, FFB's average over 700 days is 18.19. grin.gif

I would calculate Greggy's, but I'm not sure my calculator goes that high. poke2.gif

[it's 23.55 over 1288 days]

893whatthe.gif We should start a new thread about this. What is your average post count a day 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was searching for information on detecting comic restoration and a CGC Thread was near the top of the results. I just couldn't believe the volume of information here... I spent days reading just on resto detection, values, etc.

(I was very sad to learn that the books I had "with a little "no-big-deal" marker touch" were worth less than what I paid for them over 10 years ago. mad.gif )

I lurked for about a month before making any posts.

I would calculate Greggy's, but I'm not sure my calculator goes that high. poke2.gif

I've got the latest Texas Instrument that can perform permutations that autimatically deduct Graemlin only posts. Let's see, 365 times 4 goes into (28,000 - 25,880) = 1.45. Yup, that's about right for Greggy's net posts per day. grin.gif

893whatthe.gif We should start a new thread about this. What is your average post count a day 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I doubt anyone is that interested. Merely an amusing sidebar.

I was wondering why all these "CGC" comics were selling for multiples of their raw counterparts so I searched google, found the main CGC page and came to the forum.

Four years later I'm still trying to figure out why CGC books sell for multiples of their raw counterparts. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My experience was very similiar to Conjob here. I had gotten most my Vertigo comics bought and was thinking about encapsulation. Checked out the site and the rest is history.

Why do you keep calling him Conjob?

it's a Constantine thing, you wouldn't understand it.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks for the informative reply. makepoint.gif

just like a friggin lawyer. someone else has to do discovery for him

I'm interested in who has more, deathlok or greggy

I'm interested in who has more, deathlok or greggy
popcorn.gif

I was wondering why all these "CGC" comics were selling for multiples of their raw counterparts so I searched google, found the main CGC page and came to the forum.

Four years later I'm still trying to figure out why CGC books sell for multiples of their raw counterparts. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My experience was very similiar to Conjob here. I had gotten most my Vertigo comics bought and was thinking about encapsulation. Checked out the site and the rest is history.

confused-smiley-013.gif

cloud9.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

cloud9.gif

Thanks for letting them know Sal. I was out getting some OTC meds to help with a nagging sinus headache. Oldguy looks almost exactly like John Constantine in Hellblazer. Drop him in a trench coat and a tie with a Guiness stain and he is right there.

confused-smiley-013.gif

cloud9.gif

Thanks for letting them know Sal. I was out getting some OTC meds to help with a nagging sinus headache. Oldguy looks almost exactly like John Constantine in Hellblazer. Drop him in a trench coat and a tie with a Guiness stain and he is right there.

A while back I took one of those "If You Were A Comic Book Character Who Would You Be?" tests someone posted a link to on the forum. Guess who I was? grin.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

cloud9.gif

A while back I took one of those "If You Were A Comic Book Character Who Would You Be?" tests someone posted a link to on the forum. Guess who I was? grin.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif Toad?

confused-smiley-013.gif

cloud9.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif Toad?

that was a hanging curveball if there's ever been one, and you let him off easy. you must be overworked or something