• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Books IN Movies
1 1

254 posts in this topic

there's an episode of Seinfeld, where Elaine's current boyfriend, played by Dan Cortez, is injured while rock climbing with George and Kramer, George brings him Superman comics as get well gifts while he's recovering,,, the only one I can make out is one of those 4-Superman Steel, Superboy, Eradicator, and Cyborg .... comics, I think it might be the Steel issue, it's just got the "S" symbol on it,

Radar was often seen reading comic books (usually ones published after the Korean war!)

mash.jpg

Yes, in one episode he is on the phone thanking someone from another Mash unit "thanks for the loan of your Captain Marvel".

An avengers floating head cover! yay.gif

Radar was often seen reading comic books (usually ones published after the Korean war!)

mash.jpg

Yes, in one episode he is on the phone thanking someone from another Mash unit "thanks for the loan of your Captain Marvel".

He could be referring to Captain Marvel Adventures. grin.gif

BREATHLESS (1983), starring Richard Gere

Gere reads a Silver Surfer comic (not sure which one, haven't seen the movie in ages) out loud to his co-star Valérie Kaprisky and gets into an argument with a kid about the SS.

The OC's character Seth Cohen (Adam Brody) loves reading Legion of Superheroes and various other DC Comics. He got into a fight last season when one of his friend/rivals told him Bendis was his favorite comic book writer.

Six Feet Under featured an episode where a comic fan wanted to be buried with his most valuable collectible: a copy of Blue Twister #1 (a golden age comic prop was created for the film, complete with interior art and fake ads).

And in "Crimson Tide" submarine crewmen get in a fist fight over who's the best Silver Surfer artist, Jack Kirby or Jean "Mobius" Giruad.
I thought it was between Kirby and buscema?

television... GOMER PYLE. A couple of episodes had Gomer reading comics.

television... ANDY GRIFFEN SHOW. A couple of episodes had Gomer reading comics.

television... HEE HAW A couple of segments had Goober reading comics.

Well actually maybe they were just looking at the pictures. grin.gif

television... GOMER PYLE. A couple of episodes had Gomer reading comics.

television... ANDY GRIFFEN SHOW. A couple of episodes had Gomer reading comics.

television... HEE HAW A couple of segments had Goober reading comics.

Well actually maybe they were just looking at the pictures. grin.gif

That Pyle Family sure loves comics!!!!

And in "Crimson Tide" submarine crewmen get in a fist fight over who's the best Silver Surfer artist, Jack Kirby or Jean "Mobius" Giruad.
I thought it was between Kirby and buscema?

Nope

It was Kirby and Mobius

DENZEL WASHINGTON: Brevetti, what's up?

BREVETTI: I'm sorry, sir. It's just a difference of opinion that got out of hand.

DENZEL WASHINGTON: What about?

BREVETTI: Well I said that the Kirby Silver Surfer was the only real Silver Surfer, and that the Mobius Silver Surfer was [bLEEP]. It just got out hand -- I pushed him; he pushed me. I-- This'll never happen again, all right?

DENZEL WASHINGTON: It better not happen again! I see this kind of nonsense, I'm going to write you up! You understand?! You have to set an example even in the face of stupidity! And everybody that reads comic books knows that Kirby's Silver Surfer is the only true Silver Surfer. Now am I right or wrong?

BREVETTI: [LAUGHS] You're right sir.

DENZEL WASHINGTON: All right. Get out of here.

Let's not forget the comic collecting lead character in The 40-Year Old Virgin. blush.gif893whatthe.gif He's shown reading a comic in one scene, a framed comic or two is hanging on his wall (some Modern drek) and some comic boxes are shown in his apartment along with various comic-related paraphernalia.

he's reading an issue from the current Marvel Team Up series and laughing. I didn't look close enough for the rest. I know they talk about the framed Asia poster tongue.gif I got a kick out of that movie...how Oscar Goldman is rarer than Steve Austin and as he's packing Steve Austin up for sale he looks through the back of the head to get his "bionic eye" effect.

DENZEL WASHINGTON: It better not happen again! I see this kind of nonsense, I'm going to write you up! You understand?! You have to set an example even in the face of stupidity! And everybody that reads comic books knows that Kirby's Silver Surfer is the only true Silver Surfer. Now am I right or wrong?

You are so very 893censored-thumb.gifing WRONG, sir!

Buscema's Silver Surfer is THE TRUE Silver Surfer! sumo.gif

In Predator before the boys are dropped into the meat grinder, Hawkins is reading an issue of Sgt. Rock on the helicopter. There were a bunch of Sgt. Rock issues on set because Arnie was going to possibly do a Sgt. Rock movie at the time.