• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Books IN Movies
1 1

254 posts in this topic

Has anybody watched the show Big Bang Theory yet? It's about a group of geeks who share an apartment. Most of them are computer-tech freaks, a couple are comic guys. At one point they're trying to move a big, heavy box up the stairs, and when one guy asks the other if he has any ideas, the second guy says, 'Yeah, but they all involve a green lantern and a magic ring.' I was the only family member in the room who got that joke.

(Sad to say, I got a LOT of the jokes in that show...)

Has anybody watched the show Big Bang Theory yet? It's about a group of geeks who share an apartment. Most of them are computer-tech freaks, a couple are comic guys. At one point they're trying to move a big, heavy box up the stairs, and when one guy asks the other if he has any ideas, the second guy says, 'Yeah, but they all involve a green lantern and a magic ring.' I was the only family member in the room who got that joke.

(Sad to say, I got a LOT of the jokes in that show...)

In the last episode, they show one of their bedrooms, and the guy has 4 framed DC comics above his bed.

He's holding a IRON MAN

Here is what is in the rack that I can figure out so far. Don't know the numbers though, just titles.

Top roll: ROM, Alpha Flight, Avengers?, ???.

2nd roll down: The New Mutants,CONAN, Metamophro, ????, ????.

3rd roll down: Annual of some kind, KING-SIZE annual of some kind, ASM, ???, ASM.

4th roll down: Deadstar Annual, Thor, ROM, ???, ???.

5th roll down: ???, Captain America, ROM, ???

6th roll down: ???, ???, ???.

7th last roll: ASM, ???

Great find. Didn't even remember this scene and I've watched this movie several time.

Looks like X-Men 143 next to the Metamorpho

In the Jane Russell, Frank Sinatra, and Groucho Marx movie Double Dynamite filmed in late 1948, there is a scene near the end of the movie when they are looking through a bank manger's desk and they find four different issues of the Dell Tracy series including #12 on the top.

He's holding a IRON MAN

Here is what is in the rack that I can figure out so far. Don't know the numbers though, just titles.

Top roll: ROM, Alpha Flight, Avengers?, ???.

2nd roll down: The New Mutants,CONAN, Metamophro, ????, ????.

3rd roll down: Annual of some kind, KING-SIZE annual of some kind, ASM, ???, ASM.

4th roll down: Deadstar Annual, Thor, ROM, ???, ???.

5th roll down: ???, Captain America, ROM, ???

6th roll down: ???, ???, ???.

7th last roll: ASM, ???

Great find. Didn't even remember this scene and I've watched this movie several time.

Looks like X-Men 143 next to the Metamorpho

The book in the top row is a Masters of the Universe..I believe there is a Master of Kung Fu next to it. Same Peter Parker twice bottom row, a Marvel Tales, Kung Fu Fighter and a Flash. No clue what's under the Iron Man he's picking up, or next to the Amazing two rows down from the Iron Man.

DSC00152.jpg

:bump:

Recent addition...

On the TV show BONE you can see Green lantern #33 on one episode. Comic looks to be a prop because back add is different.

There is now another thread on that.

I was watching an episode from the Box Set of the WB series Invasion (#14 Called : All God's Creatures) and their was a modern comic that was flipped through for about 5 seconds that I couldn't identify that one of the ETs stole and was reading.

Anyone see that?

Just caught the 1950's comedy starring William Bendix called, Kill the Umpire on TCM on cable. The daughter was reading a Captain Marvel comic while sitting on the couch.

In the Richard Dix movie The Whistler, the character known as the 'deafmute' is always seen reading Superman #27 which was cover dated Mar/Apr 1944 and would have been the current issue of Superman during the filming of this movie which was released on March 30, 1944

Major League was on the television in the background today and they were passing some Classics Illustrated books around on the team bus.

In The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across The 8th Dimension, two hunters tracking the Black Lectroid's thermopod find a copy of Buckaroo Banzai, a comic prop apparently created by Marvel. -script faux pas: one hunter says,"It's the latest issue," when it clearly shows #1 in the price box. That always bugged me. He should say,"It's a #1," or,"I didn't know they were doing comics now," or something. Or else the issue number should've been something other than #1.

Thought I would bump this old thread for the Mystery Tales #40 pics and to add a comic I saw in Holy Mountain that looked to be a modified Captain Marvel #1 to Captain Captain #1 or something similar almost 1 hour into this arty 70's movie. By the way, anyone know if the story in Mystery Tales #40 (for Lost fans) has been posted anywhere to read it?

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)