• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show you favorite western comics

794 posts in this topic

Here's a cover I 'm partial to....I like the use of the moon light and shadows.....I posted a WWT of Hex [Adams] earlier on which uses the same technique on a camp fire but with more color.

Heath did it on his Atlas War covers as he did on that Western Kid. Also down to the last bullett ... and a whole posse to get rid of Christo_pull_hair.gif

I'll be needing a meetin' after tonight.....Hi, my name's Bill and I'm a comic-holic !!

You're right, those painted covers are real tempting.....I don't own a Dell one but I like lookin' at 'em.......I'm surprised someone has been tempted to show-off their collection !!

I got a couple of these...

h9.jpg

Here's a cover I 'm partial to....I like the use of the moon light and shadows.....I posted a WWT of Hex [Adams] earlier on which uses the same technique on a camp fire but with more color.

wk12.jpg

I agree, very nice dark cover.

This is the NN possibly (#59) 1st issue of this title.

Tough Crowd..

125.jpg

I posted this a while back......I'm only bringin' it to the forefront because it's another Maneely inconsistency.......the gunslinger in the back-ground is packin' his six-shooter for a cross-draw but he's reachin' for it with the wrong hand.....he'll be layin' out cold in the next frame ???

wo14.jpg

I posted this a while back......I'm only bringin' it to the forefront because it's another Maneely inconsistency.......the gunslinger in the back-ground is packin' his six-shooter for a cross-draw but he's reachin' for it with the wrong hand.....he'll be layin' out cold in the next frame ???

He should be shot for his fashion sense anyway tongue.gif

This is the NN possibly (#59) 1st issue of this title.

So what are the limits you put on your search of first issues and how many you've got? popcorn.gif It's all impressive from where I stand you know.

It's funny but I never set out to collect specifically "1st and key issues" but it just turned out that way. I realized I was doing it when I sat down one day to log all my books. I try to stay in the golden age area now but I don't discriminate. I enjoy War,Comedy,Pre-code...all of it! Truly a sickness I tell ya!! yeahok.gif

He should be shot for his fashion sense anyway tongue.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Love the covers -- several of them I've never seen pictured before.

1091554-Western69.jpg

1091554-Western69.jpg.d91a83fde1bfd80b4850e1d7db456ed1.jpg

WOW...that spin-off on Charles Russell is too cool....how did ya stumble across or come to know what PW was doin' with the cover of that book?

That PWC # 72 is one my favs of the run. I'm jealous now.

As for the Russell reference, I learned about it in the most recent Squa Tront with extensive coverage about Severin.