• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Promotional Comic Books Here!!!!
7 7

869 posts in this topic

A promo 1948 are the war to promote the Freedom Train filled with all kind of goodies.

Scan0152_zpsffdlysri.jpg

That is great! :applause::headbang::applause: Have never seen the Kellogg's mailer before.

The Freedom Train was a big national event. This copy came from the Washington Star newspaper with a portfolio of 40 replicas of documents crucial to freedom, like the Bill of Rights, Washington's copy of the Constitution, etc.

I'm a little confused here. The copy that I recently sold had all of the documents printed on pulp paper and stapled in, comic book style....like the copy in comicjack's picture. Did the portfolio style come out at a different time, or is it just a variant printing?

Edit - It appears that the portfolio was released through newspapers?

Yes, you can see the imprint for the Washington Evening Star on the front cover and inside front cover.

The comic book was distributed many places - at train stops, in newspapers, mail-aways like the Kellogg's, This one came with the separate portfolio of individual document replicas on single sheets of cardstock, collected into the binder. Maybe like a teacher's guide or supplement for classroom usage.

Holly%20001_zpsnssjrjb5.jpg

I have one of those too, with a different theater listed on the cover. I found it in an antique mall in Bloomington, Illinois about ten years ago.

The AMO Theater was in the south end of the Washington Park neighborhood in Chicago, as were all of the businesses listed on this promo comic. The interior of mine is a remaindered copy of Twinkle Comics #1 from May 1945.

Unfortunately, the cover stock is unstable and has become brittle, while the interior pages are still very supple.

Hollywood%20Comics%20FC_zpsxm32yykf.jpg

Hollywood%20Comics%20ISF_zpspyqnudhs.jpg

Hollywood%20Comics%20ISB_zpspusobelh.jpg

Hollywood%20Comics%20BC_zpscckubuyz.jpg

BOOT that Carmen is the coolest book I have seen all year and you know I have seen a lot of stuff!!!!

This kind of stuff drives me nuts...

165895.jpg

Saw one of these in a recent Heritage auction. So cool!!!

Edited by pmpknface

Got this one from the Tall Texan....... didn't check GPA or eBay.....just bought it :cloud9: ...don't think I'll ever sell it, certainly can't upgrade this beauty. Early 1961 Neal Adams. Now there's only one more promo comic I need....Adventure in Blow Up Dolls..... so rare it may not even exist..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

OvkdGq2.jpg

Got this one from the Tall Texan....... didn't check GPA or eBay.....just bought it :cloud9: ...don't think I'll ever sell it, certainly can't upgrade this beauty. Early 1961 Neal Adams. Now there's only one more promo comic I need....Adventure in Blow Up Dolls..... so rare it may not even exist..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

OvkdGq2.jpg

Covered in the last two pages of the Wonder Book of Rubber. But just try finding a copy of that promo. Impossible in high grade.