• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Promotional Comic Books Here!!!!
7 7

869 posts in this topic

shadow11.jpg

THE SHADOW MAGAZINE - “FEB. 15, 1933” - PROMO COPY

ORIGINAL & VERY RARE

Shown above is an original “The Shadow Magazine” promo copy from 1933. This was a free giveaway promotion teaser magazine used to promote the actual February 15th issue of The Shadow Magazine. There are approx. 16 - (6.75” x 9.75”) pages printed on black and white newsprint. The promo copy is in excellent condition and in my collection!

Dwight

shadow11.jpg

THE SHADOW MAGAZINE - “FEB. 15, 1933” - PROMO COPY

ORIGINAL & VERY RARE

Shown above is an original “The Shadow Magazine” promo copy from 1933. This was a free giveaway promotion teaser magazine used to promote the actual February 15th issue of The Shadow Magazine. There are approx. 16 - (6.75” x 9.75”) pages printed on black and white newsprint. The promo copy is in excellent condition and in my collection!

Dwight

AWESOME rarity, Dwight!! Looks like its in great shape too. :golfclap:

Thanks...they usually go pretty cheap and I can't seem to stop buying them... :frustrated:

Me too, although I haven't bought any for a while.

There are a zilllion variants because they revised and reprinted them year after year.

What are the numbers (probably all APG-17-something since they're all Adventures in Science Series, not the earlier Adventure Series) and years on the ones you just posted, if you don't mind my asking?

Inside the Atom has some of the best interior pages, and Adventures in Jet Power may have the most variants.

Thanks,

Jack

What are the numbers (probably all APG-17-something since they're all Adventures in Science Series, not the earlier Adventure Series) and years on the ones you just posted, if you don't mind my asking?

Don't mind at all...I'll look at them later then give you the low down... ;)

Speaking of DC, anyone know what's up with the DC Comic Cavalcade (1944) promo?

A dealer had three ( :o ) of them at Wizard L.A., and I've seen yet another on another private sales list.

Never thought they were all that rare, Steve. I've had one for 20 years and actually passed on a small stack of them once.

A dealer had three ( :o ) of them at Wizard L.A., and I've seen yet another on another private sales list.

Never thought they were all that rare, Steve. I've had one for 20 years and actually passed on a small stack of them once.

Just curious - I like the book, but it is expensive in the Guide and I worry.

Haven't seen the 1945 version before. :applause:

Just curious - I like the book, but it is expensive in the Guide and I worry.

Haven't seen the 1945 version before. :applause:

This 1945 version is the only copy I've ever seen. I bought it from Motor City about 2 or 3 years ago at the SD Con.