• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Promotional Comic Books Here!!!!
7 7

869 posts in this topic

I finally picked up the Spanish language edition.

MLKspanish.jpg

You couldnt just own a true rarity, could ya!!!! Ya had to go and find an even truer more rarity-er version of that comic!! :pullhair:

Seriously nice book and I would be curious to know the amt of these out there, I didnt know it existed!

dhb.jpg

FFreak , where did you get that ?

Or is that from my photobucket , like your ASM Anl. #1 was ..... :whistle:

I got it at a swap meet. I borrowed your scan of your old ASM Annual because it was filled with awesomeness...........................

I'd been wanting one of these but prices were set too darn high. Picked this one up cheap on the Bay.

This was a 1959 giveaway. I don't know how rare it is - this is one of only two graded and the only price Overstreet lists is the $633 the CGC 9.9 sold for. As I said, I have seen some raw, so I don't know if there was a small find of these or if the same ones keep getting offered up for sale.

The cool part with this one was the business-card size Junior Bush Pilot card the seller included. I guess with one airplane for every three Alaskans, they should have had a bit of a fan base up there.

Alaska-Bush-Pilot-1.jpg

Alaska-Bush-Pilot-1-club-ca.jpg

This is from the description of Alaska Bush Pilot CGC 9.9 that was sold by Heritage Comics.

"Alaska Bush Pilot #1 (Jan Enterprises, 1959) CGC MT 9.9 Off-white to white pages. Here's a promotional comic for the collector who thought he had everything! We'd be remiss if we didn't recount this comic's backstory: the entire print run of 100 copies was found at a defunct printer's shop in Portland, Oregon, and 72 of them were water-damaged or otherwise unsalvageable. So here's one of the 28 surviving copies, and you certainly won't find one in a nicer grade! Not listed in Overstreet. CGC census 8/05: 1 in 9.9, none higher. "

Alaska Bush Pilot CGC 9.9