• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Ok, I'm not set up to take quite of few of my group shots as many of the books are in another location, but I do have some of my keys close by. Not the best picture (I don't have an aptitude for this), but I wanted to contribute.

Keys.jpg

Edited by CentaurMan

Ok, I'm not set up to take quite of few of my group shots as many of the books are in another location, but I do have some of my keys close by. Not the best picture (I don't have an aptitude for this), but I wanted to contribute.

Keys.jpg

edit: darn it, it came out too big and stretched the screen. Sorry about that. If someone can make it smaller I'll take this image down so reading is easier.

You're definitely having trouble operating that camera. It seems to be duplicating and triplicating certain books. tongue.gif

Keys.jpg

edit: darn it, it came out too big and stretched the screen. Sorry about that. If someone can make it smaller I'll take this image down so reading is easier.

You've got THREE Wonder Comics # 1 ???893whatthe.gif

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

You've got THREE Wonder Comics # 1 ???

I'll happily trade one for Centaurs I'm looking for (see abbreviated want list below).

When dealing with collectors of the very rarest books, I need currency they appreciate.

Cash frequently doesn't cut it.

Just to keep on track, here is the second half of my collection... pretty sad, i can fit all my comics in two photos!! Oh well, gotta start somewhere. I've got a few on the way. My pulp collection is way bigger (they are also generally WAY cheaper than G.A. comics!!). 1271144-groupshot2POST.JPG

More great books, Ryan! When time allows, you should scan your Marvel Mystery #27 and Human Torch #5 & #8 for the Timely thread...would love to see 'em.

(No comment on CentaurMan's group shot because I can't even look at it...it's like staring into the sun.) hail.gif

I almost didn't put the Fawcetts (wildly unappreciated, in my mind) in the photo, in favor of my King Comics #1 and Comics Magazine #1, but then I thought of you and kept them.

The colors on the CMA #1 are amazing.

I bought that book from The Dentist himself. VERY tough to find in any kind of grade, and most of the copies I've seen are restored with badly-matched color touch. While I don't mind restored books, this one isn't.

More great books, Ryan!

Seriously, I didn't mean to pre-empt his shot. I freaking LOVE that collection he's assembling. Lots of tough books in that picture, and right in the sweet spot of what I try to collect. 893applaud-thumb.gif

You've got THREE Wonder Comics # 1 ???

I'll happily trade one for Centaurs I'm looking for (see abbreviated want list below).

When dealing with collectors of the very rarest books, I need currency they appreciate.

Cash frequently doesn't cut it.

I know how that goes.

(No comment on CentaurMan's group shot because I can't even look at it...it's like staring into the sun.) hail.gif

I have seen them in person and I couldn't drive a car or operate heavy machinery for a week and a half.

I almost didn't put the Fawcetts (wildly unappreciated, in my mind) in the photo,

in favor of my King Comics #1 and Comics Magazine #1,

but then I thought of you and kept them.

The colors on the CMA #1 are amazing.

I bought that book from The Dentist himself.

VERY tough to find in any kind of grade,

and most of the copies I've seen are restored with badly-matched color touch.

While I don't mind restored books, this one isn't.

The Dentist always has the best toys. I wondered if the CMA #1 was unrestored. I didn't see any cover tearing from the photo. That's is very common on that book. Congrats again on your collection. I am sorry that I won't get to see some of it when you are in Chicago.

I have seen them in person and I couldn't drive a car or operate heavy machinery for a week and a half.

sign-funnypost.gif

....and this was different how?!? confused-smiley-013.gif

devil.gifpoke2.gif

....and this was different how?!? confused-smiley-013.gif

devil.gifpoke2.gif

That time it wasn't because I was drunk ? confused-smiley-013.gif