• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,330 posts in this topic

Finally got round to photographing my recently completed set of Lorna the Jungle Girl.

lorna.jpg

That is pretty darn cool (thumbs u

I'll second that! :o

Thought it would be fun to try a group shot of my 1940s/50s sci-fi books, across various titles and companies. I get such a kick out of those early, quaint notions of what "the future" and "space travel" would be like... and it definitely fired up the imaginations of a lot of great comic artists! (Also note the cool logos represented here.)

Hope to beef up my collection further with some early-ish Planets and more Xela airbrush covers in the months to come.

GAscifi.jpg

Great books Jon. The Lily Rene Planet cover in the bottom row looks wonderful.

You don't need all of the books in the top row though. PM me and I'll explain which ones you could usefully let go. :baiting:

Thought it would be fun to try a group shot of my 1940s/50s sci-fi books, across various titles and companies. I get such a kick out of those early, quaint notions of what "the future" and "space travel" would be like... and it definitely fired up the imaginations of a lot of great comic artists! (Also note the cool logos represented here.)

Hope to beef up my collection further with some early-ish Planets and more Xela airbrush covers in the months to come.

GAscifi.jpg

Beautiful collection of sci-fi comics! The sci-fi aesthetic from that time period is so beautiful. I especially like your Startling #48, which looks like a really clean, nice grade.

GAscifi.jpg

Fabulous set Jon! Love that Exciting...#3 is it? Such a tough book! I've always preferred the Wonder comics covers to the Startlings! That Planete #39 is so tough in grade! Those Science Comics would be so much better off in my collection! In fact, as I look at that shot, I'm struggling to find a single comic I dont need! In fact I hate this post! doh!

lol Thanks again for the kind words, folks.

Here's a closer look at the Planet 39. I've sold the few Planets I've had over the years, but at least I had enough sense to keep this one. I love the colors & the deep blacks.

103584.jpg.16abd647b60e93f55695f52312761af1.jpg

thanks for posting Jon!

Any chance we could see that Exciting #3? :cloud9:

(thumbs u

The whole early run of single-digit Excitings has really great sci-fi covers. Much too tempting to start collecting those too...

103585.jpg.8b7ba227dc98850b661dcfb448366721.jpg