• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,330 posts in this topic

Funny you should mention it as I had looked it up in the GCD earlier today and it shows Williamson ... as does the checklist in Squa Tront. In fact, in the 109 I just bought, there is another Williamson jam piece with Torres and Krenkel. So, it's not hard to believe tha the story in 113 is by Williamson and not Frazetta, which is good nevertheless.

first dozen suzies :grin:

gonna call it quits here as it seemed to devolve into an archie book quite quickly

still need all three Top-Notch Laugh issues...

i'll post a few snipets from these in the Panelology thread for those so inclined

Suzie%20A.JPG

a little closer look at the first 8 covers

Suzie%20C.JPG

a few later ones (not as much fun :(

Suzie%20D.JPG

Did they run out of ideas so quickly that 53 and 55 have the same lame gag :baiting:

Remind me a Superboy 3 and 18 but at least DC had 14 issues in between.

#51 and #56 have Suzie in almost the identical pose although she has more clothes on in the latter. Suzie books could be fun but sometimes the ideas got reused.

Al Fagaly seemed to draw nearly every Archie series cover in the late 1940's.

Some cool stuff I picked up at Charlotte show this weekend. Little bit of everything. My personal faves are the LB Cole books and the Flash 47.

charlottebooks8.jpg

charlottebooks7.jpg

that's quite a haul for one show! congrats.

+1

That's great! :applause:

Some cool stuff I picked up at Charlotte show this weekend. Little bit of everything. My personal faves are the LB Cole books and the Flash 47.

charlottebooks8.jpg

charlottebooks7.jpg

that's quite a haul for one show! congrats.

It certainly is! I am most happy if I can find 1 book. :shy:

Still missing # 9, but thought I would post anyway.

CIMG0927.jpg[/img]

nice group shot!

Hey, thats pretty nice. Good luck on the #9

first dozen suzies :grin:

gonna call it quits here as it seemed to devolve into an archie book quite quickly

still need all three Top-Notch Laugh issues...

i'll post a few snipets from these in the Panelology thread for those so inclined

Suzie%20A.JPG

Very nice :applause:

I agree the stories tend to be more interesting in the early issues, but the later ones have art by Samm Schwartz, which makes them worth picking up IMO.