• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery box of approx 150 - 200 GA Comics arriving today

1,277 posts in this topic

ok- must admit i didn't read all 13 pages so i might have missed this but in the 8 months of negotiation of getting unc to ship the books not once did you ask: hey unc, do me a favor and read off the titles and issue #'s of a couple of those.

Krighton...thanks for sharing. Stuff like this is one of the coolest things about this board...just look at all the views and replies to this thread! Cynics and smart- comments aside, we all DREAM about an opportunity like this and it is fun to experience it...even vicariously! cloud9.gif

i mentioned a few threads up that i was a bit paranoid about having him touch them too much...in hindsight i should have asked the Batman issue #s since he seemed to mention those quite a bit...he did say he was going to put them in the box sorted by issue, not sure why he did that, and it just meant he was going to be touching them more.

But hey, a mystery can be more fun, if i already knew the numbers and types i would just be wondering as to the condition, now i'm wondering about everything.

Buck,

I got some boxes of NM comics arriving via UPS this afternoon, I'll post tracking status and update every minute.... insane.gif

We should all do that every time we are expecting a shipment. Maybe one day we'll get lucky and someone will first get the books and then post. But that would be dreaming. cloud9.gif

Honestly, all i was trying to do is share the experience with people that may care a bit. My wife couldn't give a rats about comics. If they turn out to be duds, then at least I found a place with a common interest. Hopefully they'll be at least a couple interesting ones in the batch. Personally i'm looking forward to the BLBs, good reading.

Honestly, all i was trying to do is share the experience with people that may care a bit. My wife couldn't give a rats about comics. If they turn out to be duds, then at least I found a place with a common interest. Hopefully they'll be at least a couple interesting ones in the batch. Personally i'm looking forward to the BLBs, good reading.

We aren't always a bunch of asses. Sometimes we play nice. I am waiting to see what those Batman issues are.

I would have been shocked if no one had said that I was just trying to yank people's chains. The internet is chock full of people with truth issues, so no problem with some doubting.

Hopefully the UPS man will be here soon and i can scan a few in, hopefully they're worth scanning

yea, the way he kept mentioning Batman made me think there were quite a few of those, and that he sorted them. I'm hoping they are 1940s, though even early 50s would be ok i suppose, i can't imagine him actually finding the date on the comic.

It's all speculation, i'm just hoping all the books are from near the same time period, mid 30s to 40s.

I’m overtired and cranky today, and this thread is bugging me more than it should. In the process of trying to be more positive, I remembered my own “comics in an old house/grandfather/old lady gift” story.

hi.gif Funny, but in over 40 years of looking, I have never "found" any comics of note anywhere . . . not in an attic, between walls, basement, dumpster, etc. 27_laughing.gif

My grandfather actually, literally, had about a dozen comics in his attic that he gave to me. The most "valuable" was a Buster Brown shoe store giveaway, I think I sold it for $15 or $20. There were a couple of others that I got $10 a piece for and I don't remember what the others were or what I did with them.

Hey, I still think it's the real thing, I am genuinely interested in this working out to be a cool box o books. Sounds like that oversized Tracy may be a Big Big Book. Reminds me of the first GA lot I never got...

Friend of mine's boss said he had some of his father's comics he inherited, was looking to sell them. We went over to view them and they really were old books-Batman #17, 19, 23, 25(not sure why they were every other number) plus a few others, Flash Comics, pre #20 Blackhawks, mostly DC books with some misc stuff I can't even remember.

As soon as the guy found out we were seriously interested in buying them he packed them back up and said they were going back into storage, hoping they would increase in value over the years. He wouldn't even discuss them again... sorry.gif

Krighton...thanks for sharing. Stuff like this is one of the coolest things about this board...just look at all the views and replies to this thread! Cynics and smart- comments aside, we all DREAM about an opportunity like this and it is fun to experience it...even vicariously! cloud9.gif

Who you callin' a smart-? 27_laughing.gifhi.gif