• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What GA run have you completed recently?

190 posts in this topic

Great Sun Girl run!

Always loved the subway cover on #2. (Actually, being a NYer I'm a fan of all the subway cover comics...Vault of Horror #30, Marvel Mystery #9, etc. That could be a thread in itself....) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think you've just confirmed that there really is a collector for every theme. poke2.gif

Honestly, I had never heard any express an interest in subway books before.

Great Sun Girl run!

Always loved the subway cover on #2. (Actually, being a NYer I'm a fan of all the subway cover comics...Vault of Horror #30, Marvel Mystery #9, etc. That could be a thread in itself....) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think you've just confirmed that there really is a collector for every theme. poke2.gif

A few more subway covers...

vault30.jpg

gacpep9.jpg

816013033o.jpg

Any others?

Well, I don't actually collect subway covers!, but I do like them. I actually do have a copy of the Vault of Horror #30 which Norinn posted. (I always like to think that whoever came up with the cover concept was riding the train to work and trying to think of a cool cover concept, and then it hit him...)

Also, a number of early GA comic covers feature the elevated train lines (Marvel Mystery #9 & Fantastic #3 come to mind), which is very specific NYC nostalgia of a sort, because at least in Manhattan, most of the elevated lines were dismantled after WWII in favor of the underground subway.

I think that is proven on these boards on an almost daily basis. yay.gif

I like all three of those, NR!

blush.gif I must be a closet subway cover collector.

Very nice Ghost Run there, Montezuma ! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm waiting for a book to arrive anyday now, once it's here I'll have a short little 5 issue run completed (run by character). thumbsup2.gif

juggle.gif