• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX just stepped on an Atom Bomb. A classic tale of deceit, trimming,and woe.

460 posts in this topic

I don't really want to get into the middle of this (preface with the fact that I choose to use CGC over PGX) but is it possible that all that PGX is guilty of is failing to spot trimming? Rather than doing said trimming or being in league with thieves and pirates. Just a thought. I don't think ineptness and overt criminal activity should be confused in this instance.

I don't think the failing to spot trimming is what is the worst.

What seems the worst to me is the fact that it appears that PGX and Mr. Leder have some sort of connection. I mean, give me a break how many of those little Disney books do you really see. Obviously something is fishy.

I don't really want to get into the middle of this (preface with the fact that I choose to use CGC over PGX) but is it possible that all that PGX is guilty of is failing to spot trimming? Rather than doing said trimming or being in league with thieves and pirates. Just a thought. I don't think ineptness and overt criminal activity should be confused in this instance.

At this point, after a couple of years, there have been an accumulation of incidents and questions that have never been cleared up by Daniel. It's far more than simple ineptness. And I hate to say that. A lot of us have been giving DP the benefit of the doubt, but he's not made it easy. I think time has run out.

Red

I don't think the failing to spot trimming is what is the worst.

What seems the worst to me is the fact that it appears that PGX and Mr. Leder have some sort of connection. I mean, give me a break how many of those little Disney books do you really see. Obviously something is fishy.

I'm trying to track down DD #178 First apperance of uncle scrooge. The PGX census gives the grades, but no scans or serial #'s I would recognize the book, if I could see a scan. Any suggestions on how I might be able to do that?

Fair enough, obviously I am not up to speed on all of the goings on in PGX but I respect your (Red Hook) conclusions on the matter calling on previous situations you have been instrumental in uncovering. I feel bad for the people I know who use PGX the way I enjoy using the services of CGC. I just hope that one way or another something conclusive comes from all these discussions. By conclusive I mean on a hobby wide level. Obviously the books shown above have been butchered and falsely labeled as unrestored/Trimmed, I mean to say that I hope to see the guilty parties brought to justice.

-CW

Is someone accusing Daniel of actually doing the trimming and submitting?

How does anyone buy books and have them in PGX holders in a week? PGX has a 17-day turnaround right now, and given the time it would take to receive the purchased Cherrios books, that'd mean that whoever had these books had instant access to PGX's services. I can't think of how anyone else in the world gets books sent, graded, and returned by PGX in...what, maybe a day?

First of all, everyone needs to calm down before you go around defaming someone. Some of these posts above potentially cross the line.

Brad, have you contacted Patterson for his side of the story?

How many of these specific books has PGX graded? Would they realistically know whether one was trimmed? These promotional books are far more uncommon and very often could have been trimmed beforehand, which is not to say they weren't recently (i.e., why would PGX know they were trimmed now rather than contemporaneous with issue)?

I am also interested in the comment that the 9.8 and 9.9 bear the same serial #. Definiitely an explanation is due for this one.

I recognize that PGX has had its share of scandals, and I've heard this Leder's guy's name thrown about before (can someone provide the scoop on him, do we need to start exploring legal action like with Ewert?), but the fact that PGX might have missed trimming strikes me as no greater a shock than the hundreds of books that CGC missed. In fact, I would still say that the CGC scandal is far worse b/c CGC's employees have more expertise and experience with the very books that Ewert was trimming.

Let's take a deep breath and articulate our facts without emotion. If punishment is deserved, it will be meted out.

Is someone accusing Daniel of actually doing the trimming and submitting?

How does anyone buy books and have them in PGX holders in a week? PGX has a 17-day turnaround right now, and given the time it would take to receive the purchased Cherrios books, that'd mean that whoever had these books had instant access to PGX's services. I can't think of how anyone else in the world gets books sent, graded, and returned by PGX in...what, maybe a day?

PGX does have next day service. Not sure if you can get walk-thru service though.

I recognize that PGX has had its share of scandals, and I've heard this Leder's guy's name thrown about before (can someone provide the scoop on him, do we need to start exploring legal action like with Ewert?), but the fact that PGX might have missed trimming strikes me as no greater a shock than the hundreds of books that CGC missed. In fact, I would still say that the CGC scandal is far worse b/c CGC's employees have more expertise and experience with the very books that Ewert was trimming.

Sorry Mark but you're very late to the party on this one. Daniel and TD have been an ongoing contentious issue for over two years now. This type stuff (restored comics in blue labels/scan manipulation/excuses for the seller/etc.) has been happening continually with nothing from PGX to put a stop to it. They've made their bed and now will be required to sleep in it...

Jim

Let's take a deep breath and articulate our facts without emotion. If punishment is deserved, it will be meted out.

Sorry Mark, I must have missed your appointment to the Supreme Court. foreheadslap.gif

How about not making a proclamation and reading some of the linked threads and catching up on this very old story, before weighing in on it.

I mean really, are you Patterson's attack dog or something? poke2.gif

Red

ding ding. In this corner wearing red trunks with white stripes.. BSD!!! In the blue corner wearing black trunks with green stripes, Bigger BSD!

Sorry Mark, I must have missed your appointment to the Supreme Court. foreheadslap.gif

How about not making a proclamation and reading some of the linked threads and catching up on this very old story, before weighing in on it.

I mean really, are you Patterson's attack dog or something? poke2.gif

Red

You outright accused Patterson of not only knowing that trimmed books were being submitted but of trimming himself. You have proof?

At least when I have made statements regarding people's conduct I had proof. Not supposition. Not conjecture. Proof.

It is called not being a hypocrite as to how you deal with people.

FYI, I've met Patterson once, on the panel I hosted in SD.

Sorry Mark but you're very late to the party on this one. Daniel and TD have been an ongoing contentious issue for over two years now. This type stuff (restored comics in blue labels/scan manipulation/excuses for the seller/etc.) has been happening continually with nothing from PGX to put a stop to it. They've made their bed and now will be required to sleep in it...

Jim

Then someone should cull all the info into one place so that it can be reviewed, assessed and something done about. I am not defending him or PGX. I know nothing about the evidence.

What I don't like is the hypocrisy about how we can attack those we supposedly don't like or care for, but not people we feel otherwise about.

Then someone should cull all the info into one place so that it can be reviewed, assessed and something done about. I am not defending him or PGX. I know nothing about the evidence.

That's being worked on as we speak. Until it's completed I'd refer you to my post in this thread for a little background info...

Jim

That's being worked on as we speak. Until it's completed I'd refer you to my post in this thread for a little background info...

Jim

Thank you Jim. Obviously if there is fraud involved I will be one of first to take action.