• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Top 3 Golden Age Books

287 posts in this topic

1 and 2 are easy picks for me, but choosing from amongst a half dozen contenders for the 3rd slot isn't easy. Went with Police 1 this time.

Superman 1

Superman1CGCF60r.jpg

All-Star Comics 3

All-StarComics3CGCVF80r.jpg

Police Comics 1

PoliceComics1CGCVF-75.jpg

Here's my top 3

action101new.jpg

actioncomics105-1.jpg

action108newpic.jpg

I have sold all of these within the past year. :cry:

Here's my current top 3

I chose this copy because it's kind of a holy grail for me, seems I will most likely never own an Action #1

action2secondpic.jpg

This has always been a favorite cover of mine. Also, it's unique because it's the only issue where the letter S was left out.

action20.jpg

This issue was always special to me because it was the first Action I ever owned. I had to sell the 4.0 I used to own. Since then, I have replaced it with this copy.

action29.jpg

Said before and I'll say it again Comicdonna you have one amazing collection! :headbang:

Awesome Mike! That 2 would be a grail of mine as well.

1 and 2 are easy picks for me, but choosing from amongst a half dozen contenders for the 3rd slot isn't easy. Went with Police 1 this time.

Superman 1

Superman1CGCF60r.jpg

All-Star Comics 3

Police Comics 1

I had no doubt about your first two, but was curious as to what you might choose for #3.

It is tought for me to choose three favorites. My favorite is usually whatever arrived most recently that met or exceeded pre-purchase expectations :)

I'll give it some thought though

Tough call. :pullhair:

Top 3 could mean most valuable or personal favorites or some mixture of both. (shrug)

Although these categories aren't mutually exclusive, I'm trying not to focus on the former in this thread...

img_SilverStreak7_058-1-1-1.jpg

img_HitComics1_082-1-1.jpg

MarvelMystery2_front-1-1.jpg

To make this decision I had to leave out high grade S&K Caps which I couldn't choose between, dazzling Human Torches that blaze with Schomburg pizzazz, All Winners #19 because #21 because I can't post one to the exclusion of the other, several delicious Phantom Ladys and so on. The three I've chosen for this exercise aren't alone because I can't limit myself to a Top 3 list, but for better or worse these books symbolize for me the GA in all it's grandeur. You be the judge.

Superman 1

Superman1CGCF60r.jpg

All-Star Comics 3

Police Comics 1

3 books to be proud of! :applause:

Here is my tri-fecta (Sp ?) with my Super Honorable Mention (thumbs u

1st Up: All- Winners #2 CGC 4.0

The cover is just cool...all my favorite characters from the Golden-Age Timely

AllWinners2.jpg

2nd Up: Captain America Comics #3 CGC SS 1.0 (Restored)

Can you say Stan's 1st Writing with Cap's 1st Creator..Granted it is a low grade and restored but it is Complete and CGC SS from both Stan and Joe

Captain_America_Comics_3_CGS_SS_R_12.jpg

3rd Up: Green Lantern Comics #1 CGC 2.5

Again just one of my favorite covers next to Tec #31 and Green Lantern #76

GreenLantern1Golden-Age.jpg

My Crem de la Crem and favorite book I own:

CAPTAIN AMERICA COMICS #1 CGC SS 6.5 ® (Signed by Joe Simon) and displayed in the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art for their Fantansy and Fashion Display in 2009.

CaptainAmerica1.jpg

From the collection of Mike22...

Here is my tri-fecta (Sp ?) with my Super Honorable Mention (thumbs u

1st Up: All- Winners #2 CGC 4.0

The cover is just cool...all my favorite characters from the Golden-Age Timely

AllWinners2.jpg

2nd Up: Captain America Comics #3 CGC SS 1.0 (Restored)

Can you say Stan's 1st Writing with Cap's 1st Creator..Granted it is a low grade and restored but it is Complete and CGC SS from both Stan and Joe

Captain_America_Comics_3_CGS_SS_R_12.jpg

3rd Up: Green Lantern Comics #1 CGC 2.5

Again just one of my favorite covers next to Tec #31 and Green Lantern #76

GreenLantern1Golden-Age.jpg

My Crem de la Crem and favorite book I own:

CAPTAIN AMERICA COMICS #1 CGC SS 6.5 ® (Signed by Joe Simon) and displayed in the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art for their Fantansy and Fashion Display in 2009.

CaptainAmerica1.jpg

From the collection of Mike22...

Great choices Mike.

And you chose a different font for each of them...... :applause:

Here were my top 3 comics in 1996 (please excuse the SA key sorry) lol

a376502a.jpg

Now that's dedication. In order to finance your top 3 books, you had to move into someone's closet. (worship)

:roflmao: that was a good one Jeff! I was in college when that photo was taken (thumbs u