• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High Grade find from 1965!

359 posts in this topic

...Consider this... I paid $700 total for the books... as of this AM...

Selling: Auction quantity: 60 (58 will sell) Bids: 252 Amount: $9,079.47

So, yeah, Im crying myself to the bank....

boo hoo...

thumbsup2.gif

If someone buys a book and then wants to return it because they disagree with your grading, will you honor the return & refund the money?

Why would they disagree with the grading, they had the opportunity to view a hi res image of the book so they know exactly what they are getting. I dont see any returns or unsatified customers here.. I do however see the usual rumbling that starts when someone who is "not part of the club" comes in, does the books the right way and lets the public decide the value. Im not being rude here, but it would benefit alot of the extremely 'anal' collectors/dealers out there to remeber, you dont make the rules, you dont decide the prices. Thats what the public is for. Not a small elite group. I think these auctions show that.

boo hoo...

thumbsup2.gif

If someone buys a book and then wants to return it because they disagree with your grading, will you honor the return & refund the money?

Why would they disagree with the grading, they had the opportunity to view a hi res image of the book so they know exactly what they are getting. I dont see any returns or unsatified customers here.. I do however see the usual rumbling that starts when someone who is "not part of the club" comes in, does the books the right way and lets the public decide the value. Im not being rude here, but it would benefit alot of the extremely 'anal' collectors/dealers out there to remeber, you dont make the rules, you dont decide the prices. Thats what the public is for. Not a small elite group. I think these auctions show that.

You still did NOT answer the question! Are you going to honor the returns? 893naughty-thumb.gif

Why would they disagree with the grading, they had the opportunity to view a hi res image of the book so they know exactly what they are getting.

Just answer the queston Jethro.

Will you honor returns based on you grading the books like a blind mountain gorilla on crack?

[As to me not being happy...Consider this... I paid $700 total for the books... as of this AM...

Wow, I guess it's time to retire and move to Florida. 27_laughing.gif

The seller must be real happy that he got a whopping $700........maybe we should give him a call and let him know what a great guy Corey is devil.gif

Winkel Distributing Co

225 East 400 South

Richfield UT 84701

(435) 896-6368

The owners name is Kim. ask for him and he can tell you the entire story.

I know you guys are having such fun with this, but heres something to consider as well. I bought the 5 boxes only seeing the contents of one. The rest was a gamble, I could have lost my [embarrassing lack of self control] on a bunch of coverless [embarrassing lack of self control], however, it turned out okay and I made some $$ off it. Why do you guys get so bent out of shape about it... I paid exactly what was asked and given the gamble it was extremely fair...IMHO. yay.gif

[As to me not being happy...Consider this... I paid $700 total for the books... as of this AM...

The seller must be real happy that he got a whopping $700........maybe we should give him a call and let him know what a great guy Corey is devil.gif

Winkel Distributing Co

225 East 400 South

Richfield UT 84701

(435) 896-6368

I know you guys are having such fun with this, but heres something to consider as well. I bought the 5 boxes only seeing the contents of one. The rest was a gamble, I could have lost my [embarrassing lack of self control] on a bunch of coverless [embarrassing lack of self control], however, it turned out okay and I made some $$ off it. Why do you guys get so bent out of shape about it... I paid exactly what was asked and given the gamble it was extremely fair...IMHO. yay.gif

So you admit that the unopened box that currently has a $2500 bid is a GAMBLE. Nice...real nice...... makepoint.gif

boo hoo...

thumbsup2.gif

You still did NOT answer the question! Are you going to honor the returns? 893naughty-thumb.gif

DID YOU READ THE AUCTION?? DONT ASK A STUPID QUESITON THATS ALREADY BEEN ADDRESSED!!

boo hoo...

thumbsup2.gif

DID YOU READ THE AUCTION?? DONT ASK A STUPID QUESITON THATS ALREADY BEEN ADDRESSED!!

It's not a stupid QUESITON 27_laughing.gif, it's verification from you on this board that you will not screw the winning bidders for a 2nd time 893naughty-thumb.gif

Should we take that as a yes?

Please excuse this stupid follow up question. hail.gif Thanks.

Winkel Distributing Co

225 East 400 South

Richfield UT 84701

(435) 896-6368

So you admit that the unopened box that currently has a $2500 bid is a GAMBLE. Nice...real nice...... makepoint.gif

Dude, are you f-ing retarded?? or just extremely stupid and trying to make a point that isnt there. Appearantly you cant comprehend what you read, or comprehend what you read when you look at my auctions... If your too stupid to read,

' The last unopened box is what you are bidding on, it has not been opened, it is still sealed and tied. I would assume that the contents of this box are what has been in the other boxes, ASM 28 etc...(please see other auctions), however, I make no guarantees as this box has not been opened. It looks the same as the other boxes and is the last of the collection. '

There is also wording about the guarantees in each and every auction... but appearantly you are far to ignorant to educate yourself on a topic before you try to argue it...

however, it turned out okay and I made some $$ off it. Why do you guys get so bent out of shape about it...

No one is getting bent out of shape about how much you pad for it, how much you made, or any of the other accusations in your previous posts.

They are ticked, mainly, for one reason:

Even though you know these books are NOT of this condition, and have been advised of this by everyone and their grandmother, you continue to list these book as "NM Flawless", "NM Condition, no really it is NM!!", and "The condition is near mint if not mint. The corners are sharp, the pages are white with vibrant colors, the covers are magnificent with no fading, marks or blemishes.", when they quite obviously are NOT.

And to continue to fall back on the "but I posted high-rez pictures" is another scam. Are you BLIND? Can you not look at the comics and see they are NOT Near Mint, and that they DO have tears, creases, and other marks/blemishes?

You may think this is all fun-and-games, but at the prices these people are paying, I would not be surprised to see "other avenues" explored if you refuse to provide refunds for these fraudulent listings.

And if you're looking to rip someone off with a pile of "coverless comics" in that "sealed mystery box, you will deserve all of the hardship and legal fees you will receive. devil.gif

Winkel Distributing Co

225 East 400 South

Richfield UT 84701

(435) 896-6368

Dude, are you f-ing retarded?? or just extremely stupid and trying to make a point that isnt there. Appearantly you cant comprehend what you read, or comprehend what you read when you look at my auctions... If your too stupid to read,

' The last unopened box is what you are bidding on, it has not been opened, it is still sealed and tied. I would assume that the contents of this box are what has been in the other boxes, ASM 28 etc...(please see other auctions), however, I make no guarantees as this box has not been opened. It looks the same as the other boxes and is the last of the collection. '

There is also wording about the guarantees in each and every auction... but appearantly you are far to ignorant to educate yourself on a topic before you try to argue it...

Okay dingleberry,

So why don't you make a guarantee that the winning bidder will be guaranteed to get one of each of the comics that came out of the original 4 boxes! Can't do that now can you, looks who's the f____ person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point now 27_laughing.gif

according to his auction listing

"Books guaranteed to be exactly as represented and shown or full refund will be issued upon return of the item"

Looks like he'll be refunding $9,079.47

No, then he'll fall back on the "you got what was SHOWN, so buzz off" Scam Technique #237.

"Books guaranteed to be exactly as represented and shown or full refund will be issued upon return of the item"

27_laughing.gif

Naw, there'll be one or two buyers that keep the merchandise. Too much of a hassle for some folks to mess with returns. But I'd say the majority will return.

He's hoping the Net result will be in his favor when it's all said and done.

No, then he'll fall back on the "you got what was SHOWN, so buzz off" Scam Technique #237.

Time to hire ESQUIRE COMICS 893naughty-thumb.gif