• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High Grade find from 1965!

359 posts in this topic

As if,

How hard is it to open it, put whatever junk in it you want. Get some string, tie it, make the string look like poop and then eBay it.

Oh wait, it was simple someone just did that.

He shot himself in the foot though by saying each box contains the same books. Therefore whoever gets this "unopened" one, would HAVE to receive an FF 48, ASM 28 and the rest of the goodies. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No, he has has a disclaimer stating that there is NO guarantee what is in the box. IT'S A BLIND MAN GAMBLE! foreheadslap.gif

The last unopened box is what you are bidding on, it has not been opened, it is still sealed and tied. I would assume that the contents of this box are what has been in the other boxes, ASM 28 etc...(please see other auctions), however, I make no guarantees as this box has not been opened. It looks the same as the other boxes and is the last of the collection.

That's his exact quote on the auction for his last box 893naughty-thumb.gif

The last unopened box is what you are bidding on, it has not been opened, it is still sealed and tied. I would assume that the contents of this box are what has been in the other boxes, ASM 28 etc...(please see other auctions), however, I make no guarantees as this box has not been opened. It looks the same as the other boxes and is the last of the collection.

That's his exact quote on the auction for his last box 893naughty-thumb.gif

He says he makes no guarantees, so how can he guarantee the box hasn't been opened? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

An unopened box. Give me a break. Who on this forum would sell an unopened box like this. I don't mean to pick on this guy but he is insulting the intelligence of this forum with his over the top jargon and sales hype............. Boxes like these don't exist at all when you really think about it............................

It may be unopened but who the hell would pay top dollar for FN-VF copies, this batch may even be worse. 893naughty-thumb.gif

No doubt it is probably the most beaten up box. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, let's remember that he put FIVE FF #48's up for auction which would imply that he OPENED up all his five boxes...

He used the same pic for each auction so maybe he didn't. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah... maybe... yeahok.gif

Did everyone forget that he said he was keeping one copy of each for himself, and CGC'ing those? That would make six boxes... or a box of many romance and westerns....

Nope. This IS the box he was supposedly keeping. Guess he changed his mind with the flood of $$$...and the fact that CGC would slam the books. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Notice how all the bids have stopped ever since he put up the real pictures?

Have there been any retractions yet? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I bet there will be if the "prayers" aren't answered and another bidder outbids them soon.

Notice how all the bids have stopped ever since he put up the real pictures?

Have there been any retractions yet? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I bet there will be if the "prayers" aren't answered and another bidder outbids them soon.

That wouldn't be a clever strategy as who is to whomever outbids them won't retract their bids.

Well, let's remember that he put FIVE FF #48's up for auction which would imply that he OPENED up all his five boxes...

you read my mind............. thumbsup2.gif

do we have any idea what the other 30 or so books are once you get past the couple of spidey's, avengers, FF's, SF's and X-men??

i'll bet that no one goes near this latest "unopened" box.................. sumo.gif

An unopened box. Give me a break. Who on this forum would sell an unopened box like this. I don't mean to pick on this guy but he is insulting the intelligence of this forum with his over the top jargon and sales hype............. Boxes like these don't exist at all when you really think about it............................

Joe, or Chaz or whatever...

[embarrassing lack of self control] off!!! Whats the harm in selling an unopened box? Maybe you are far too greedy to do it, but you are not me. So basically what you are saying with this post is also that everyone on this forum is too greedy to leave a box unopened and sell it as such?? nice.

boxes like this exist all over the place, its just a matter of finding them.

and as an FYI... this forum has hyped more than I ever did, I put the books up, very unassuming, and I put them at a starting price that would make me a profit with no reserve. so that is a scam I guess??

It may be unopened but who the hell would pay top dollar for FN-VF copies, this batch may even be worse. 893naughty-thumb.gif

No doubt it is probably the most beaten up box. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Good catch Detective. He is lying through his teeth which is too bad since greed kills off everyone in the end. What I am curious about is what are his true intentions. gossip.gif

True intentions? To make as much cash as possible stooges.gif

Hey, I'll agree with that, cash in hand is worth more than the comics to me. No cynicism there at all.

As if,

How hard is it to open it, put whatever junk in it you want. Get some string, tie it, make the string look like poop and then eBay it.

Oh wait, it was simple someone just did that.

He shot himself in the foot though by saying each box contains the same books. Therefore whoever gets this "unopened" one, would HAVE to receive an FF 48, ASM 28 and the rest of the goodies. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thats not called shooting yourself in the foot its called being honest, re-read the auction...

this thread is turning ugly...

I can't imagine you're going to get what you pay for here, but I believe the actual product exists. I'm willing to see what happens when people actually get their books and the level of satisfaction. If there are a lot of complaints so be it. From the scans, it seems to silly to call the books NM or whatever, but... since the scan is up there now, you can see the book clearly and pay appropriately for what you think the book is worth.

If it is a scam, as in the books aren't the kind of condition said, then at this point, I think the people bidding are acting foolishly as well.

this thread is turning ugly...

Turning? 27_laughing.gif

ok, ya got me. it is ugly. anyway, you coming to WW Philly this year?

I don't think so frown.gif

I'm getting back from Europe the Sunday prior to the show...