• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High Grade find from 1965!

359 posts in this topic

Ze,

so in your opinion, no high grade comics should ever be enjoyed or read, or "god forbid" available to anyone who doenst clear 7 figures a year, right.....CGC has done nothing but take one more step to remove comics from the average person.

--Corey

Yes you got me good. That is exactly what I meant. foreheadslap.gif

For the record, CGC did not invent high prices for HG books.

I could not afford HG books before CGC came around, and I cannot afford them now. Same as with the uber prices attached to uber CGC books are beyond reach of the same crowd that could not afford them before CGC. The rich crowd is just having to pay more for them now.

EVERYONE can buy and read raw comic to enjoy, THAT is how I collect. LOW/MIDGRADE comcis are everywhere, why bash people wanting to slab their books if there is a market that will pay a premium?

I WAS bashing you for pretending to be altruistic by not slabbing you books for the good of your fellow man. And if that really is your intent..then make yourself feel better,send me a book for free. I am truley broke.

Ze-

An unopened box. Give me a break. Who on this forum would sell an unopened box like this. I don't mean to pick on this guy but he is insulting the intelligence of this forum with his over the top jargon and sales hype............. Boxes like these don't exist at all when you really think about it............................

Joe, or Chaz or whatever...

[embarrassing lack of self control] off!!! Whats the harm in selling an unopened box? Maybe you are far too greedy to do it, but you are not me. So basically what you are saying with this post is also that everyone on this forum is too greedy to leave a box unopened and sell it as such?? nice.

boxes like this exist all over the place, its just a matter of finding them.

and as an FYI... this forum has hyped more than I ever did, I put the books up, very unassuming, and I put them at a starting price that would make me a profit with no reserve. so that is a scam I guess??

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

He's doing it exactly the right way to maximize his return on the books.

4) Get an influential message board talking about his books, driving the hit counter up on them and increasing the number of bids and watchers, creating more interest.

foreheadslap.gif

4) Get an influential message board talking about his books, driving the hit counter up on them and increasing the number of bids and watchers, creating more interest.

Hey....if he was actually smart enough to orchestrate this whole thread (which I doubt)....then he deserves the publicity! insane.gif

An unopened box. Give me a break. Who on this forum would sell an unopened box like this. I don't mean to pick on this guy but he is insulting the intelligence of this forum with his over the top jargon and sales hype............. Boxes like these don't exist at all when you really think about it............................

It may be unopened but who the hell would pay top dollar for FN-VF copies, this batch may even be worse. 893naughty-thumb.gif

No doubt it is probably the most beaten up box. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, let's remember that he put FIVE FF #48's up for auction which would imply that he OPENED up all his five boxes...

Good catch Detective. He is lying through his teeth which is too bad since greed kills off everyone in the end. What I am curious about is what are his true intentions. gossip.gif

True intentions? To make as much cash as possible stooges.gif

Hey, I'll agree with that, cash in hand is worth more than the comics to me. No cynicism there at all.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

He's doing it exactly the right way to maximize his return on the books.

8) Laugh all the way to the bank.

foreheadslap.gif

this thread is turning ugly...

Turning? 27_laughing.gif

ok, ya got me. it is ugly. anyway, you coming to WW Philly this year?

I don't think so frown.gif

I'm getting back from Europe the Sunday prior to the show...

Yeah, so?

Cost to ship 1 comic...nine dollars.

Cost to ship 48 comics... fifteen dollars.

Cost to buy an unopened box of comics.....priceless!

Rovercard..it's everywere you dont want to be.

Hey....if he was actually smart enough to orchestrate this whole thread (which I doubt)....then he deserves the publicity! insane.gif

No, no. I saw this thread and invited him here via the "ask a seller a question" form on eBay to discuss his find amongst some great comic enthusiasts. I know we usually like hearing about these types of stories, especially true ones, so I thought it would be cool if he came on here to talk about it.

I had no idea it would soon turn ugly, and well, the rest is history. tonofbricks.gif

No, no. I saw this thread and invited him here via the "ask a seller a question" form on eBay to discuss his find amongst some great comic enthusiasts. I know we usually like hearing about these types of stories, especially true ones, so I thought it would be cool if he came on here to talk about it.

I had no idea it would soon turn ugly, and well, the rest is history. tonofbricks.gif

Don't let it happen again. poke2.gif

Dude, I dont think it is fair that you are also selling a sealed box auction. Are you a shill for outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed?

Either tell people what the "secret" TOMY car is or dont bother selling it.

I want photos, scans, and line art drawings of the cars I will actually be recieving if I buy this item. And sure it is sealed, you opened it..drank the coke..and resealed the box.

Didnt you?

Admit it!

12th secret item

Ze-

Dude, I dont think it is fair that you are also selling a sealed box auction. Are you a shill for outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed?

Either tell people what the "secret" Tomy car is or dont bother selling it.

I want photos, scans, and line art drawings of the cars I will actually be recieving if I buy this item. And sure it is sealed, you opened it..drank the coke..and resealed the box.

Didnt you?

Admit it!

12 secret item

popcorn.gif

Ze-

Didnt you?

Admit it!

12th secret item

Ze-

I think they are way cooler than comics. thumbsup2.gif

Didnt you?

Admit it!

12th secret item

Ze-

I'll tell you what. You buy it and I'll open it and post a pic of the "secret" car here on the boards. grin.gif

I promise mine is truly sealed and the cars are MINT and have never been exposed to direct sunlight.

Cost to ship 1 comic...nine dollars.

Cost to ship 48 comics... fifteen dollars.

Cost to buy an unopened box of comics.....priceless!

Rovercard..it's everywere you dont want to be.

sign-funnypost.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Didnt you?

Admit it!

12th secret item

Ze-

Dude,

Dont bid.

Thanks.

Didnt you?

Admit it!

12th secret item

Ze-

Dude,

Dont bid.

Thanks.

On your books?

Dont worry, I wont

No thanks are needed.

Now that TOMY auction...I might 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

( gossip.gif Just so you know that post was a joke..it appears to have done a fly by over your head.)

Ze-

From Rovers Auction..we are now famous...makes it sound like we all work for "The CGC"

A few of you at the CGC have been following the sales of this collection. For those who havent, here is the background:

I recently bought five "original" 48 pack boxes of comics from a beer distributor in Central Utah(Winkel Distributors, Richfield, Utah). The comics were meant for distribution into local gas stations and such in 1965 but somehow never made it out. So the boxes sat in the warehouse for a few years until the owners son saw them, thought they might be valuable and locked them up in the safe, there they sat for another 30 years or so, until the son (now the owner) came across the books again. He put a notice out of Old Comics for sale. I answered the ad and the contents of 4 of the five of those boxes has been put on ebay as single issues and lots.

===========================================================

One thing that sticks out to me is the son of the owner, If he put them in a safe( a walk in safe I assume?) because he thought they might be valuable someday, why did he just sell the lot for a lump sum 30 years later,supposedly for very cheap.

Not to say it didnt happen that way,but it does not make sense to save something for 30 years and not even open the box's to see what it is you are selling exactly. Or their current worth.

Oh well, some things we will never know. But it IS a good story.

Ze-