• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High Grade find from 1965!

359 posts in this topic

After reading most of the thread, I think forumites should boycott this guys auction. It's obvious he overgrades, is rude and is selling comics that were originally meant to be destroyed.

*sets snipe*

*sets snipe*

*sets snipe*

*sets snipe*

*sets snipe*

*sets snipe*

*sets snipe*

*sets snipe*

*sets snipe*

devil.gif

After reading most of the thread, I think forumites should boycott this guys auction. It's obvious he overgrades, is rude and is selling comics that were originally meant to be destroyed.

*sets snipe*

*sets snipe*

*sets snipe*

*sets snipe*

*sets snipe*

*sets snipe*

*sets snipe*

*sets snipe*

*sets snipe*

devil.gif

Looking at some of the prices books are at already, you may be way too late. No bargains here. poke2.gif

We may be saying the same thing regarding the MH 2 collection. These were unsold copies that never made it out of the warehouse. In other words, these books came from the printers to the wholesaler; the wholesaler never distributes them to retailers and then claims- via affidavit - that they were unsold and destroyed. He then sells them out of the back room and pockets a tidy profit with no risk - except for getting caught.

So the MH 2 books would only have banding and warehouse storage problems - not the same type of handling problems that these Utah books have. For instance, the choicest copies that Chuck found were in the middle of bundles. There were no bundles for these Utah books to come from.

The wholesalers rarely sold returned copies to retailers. That was left up to the jobbers. The wholesalers didn't want to get caught selling a 10 cent book to a retailer for 2.5 cents. They just wanted to get rid of them and usually sold them in minimums of 100 to jobbers at a penny a piece. The jobbers would then sell them for 2 cents or 2.5 cents each. The retailers then sold them for a nickel. Of course as cover prices have escalated the publishers have tried to crack down on these shady practices, but they'll never get rid of it entirely.

Once again, hat's off matey hail.gifheadbang.gif

It is a scam. The feedback is bad and the pictures of the FF 48 4 copies are all the same. (but we know that) This is a sell and run like hell auction. A beer distributorship. Give me a break. This comics and been pressed and cleaned. Lets make him post a picture of all 4 FF 48s together up to his face.....................................

hey!! laugh.gif

PhotoID9701.jpg

oh yeah, and all the hi res images are coming up now.

www.goldrushexpeditions.com/comics.htm

The full list is still coming. and for those who care, I will be auctioning off the last box whole, and also posting up the western and war stuff in big lots.

Much nicer photos! thumbsup2.gif (although it's too bad you don't have a scanner handy.)

These should actually get you a much higher ending price. Great colors on those books!

ALL of the Spidey 28's at $500++ with 5 Plus days to go...looks like I will not be getting one.

Looks like DetroitMike Benson (whoever that is) is hitting them hard.

I suspect there will be some killer snipes as well.

Fun to watch, but many of the offerings are getting way too expensive to gamble on at this point.

popcorn.gif

So a jobber is kind of like a flipper confused-smiley-013.gif Maybe the first flipper headbang.gif

..jobbers are more like scavengers,...they pick the bones clean of any remaining meat in retail,...where do you think all that crape in The Dollar Store and Marshall's comes from?...

So a jobber is kind of like a flipper confused-smiley-013.gif Maybe the first flipper headbang.gif

..jobbers are more like scavengers,...they pick the bones clean of any remaining meat in retail,...where do you think all that crape in The Dollar Store and Marshall's comes from?...

Gotcha. I'd never heard that term before, but I kinda figured that's what it meant.

Hey one _bad_rover . . .

PhotoID9701.jpg

Those are are going to be some big unhappy campers. 27_laughing.gif I hope this guy is your brother, cause you're going to need him to save your if you ever ship those books insane.gif

Hey one _bad_rover . . .

Those are are going to be some big unhappy campers. 27_laughing.gif I hope this guy is your brother, cause you're going to need him to save your if you ever ship those books insane.gif

popcorn.gif