• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Greytone Cover thread
3 3

661 posts in this topic

Totally love that Tomahawk. Is it really a giant arrow in the story?

Yup. That exact scene is in the last story.

That cover reminds me of a GET SMART episode where the American Indians declare war on the US govenment and their secret weapon is -- a giant arrow!

Technically this isn't a washtone, but a number of people have argued with me over it, and it's from Nov. 1959, so what the hey.

off51.jpg

Definitely not a washtone. (tsk)

:gossip: Therefore you can sell it to me after all.

Yeah, but can you imagine seeing it side by side on the newsstand with all of these? It just boggles my mind. Sorry guys, gotta post 'em again so I don't have to keep scrolling back and forth between 3 & 4. That's 8 (!!!!!!) covers in one month!!

November, 1959, a fine vintage.

asw109.jpg

gic78.jpg

hom92.jpg

mis55.jpg

sa110.jpg

tou43.jpg

sh59.jpg

and don't forget the Tomahawk dated November/December 1959

tomahawk65.jpg

Just got this washtone from Inaflash. I love the handful of DC superhero washtones, like GL 8 and MIS 55. There's a Detective Batman cover. Any other superhero washtones? Was there a Wonder Woman one?

BB44-1.jpg

This one comes to mind.

Ken

ww108.jpg

Outstanding! (thumbs u

Just got this washtone from Inaflash. I love the handful of DC superhero washtones, like GL 8 and MIS 55. There's a Detective Batman cover. Any other superhero washtones? Was there a Wonder Woman one?

BB44-1.jpg

That B&B 44 is and always will be my favorite superhero cover. . .ever.

You just don't fock around with Kubert's Hawkman. That alien doesn't stand a furshleginer portzebie's chance in helll.