• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Greytone Cover thread
3 3

661 posts in this topic

tomahawk65.jpg

When Comick1 posted this book a while back it was the first time I'd seen it. Naturally I put it on my "must have" list, but I had no idea that Buttock would put one up for sale in the selling forum a few weeks later!

To fully appreciate Comick1's copy, compare the colors in his to my new copy!

Tomahawk65.jpg

The smoke trail was why it is one of my favourites.

Comick1 do you know where that date stamp is from?

Well, it appears to be from. . .er. . .San Diego. Wish I could say I DID recognize it. Did you get it from somebody who lives in SD?

The smoke trail was why it is one of my favourites.

Comick1 do you know where that date stamp is from?

Well, it appears to be from. . .er. . .San Diego. Wish I could say I DID recognize it. Did you get it from somebody who lives in SD?

No got it from a friend here in Canada. He suggested asking you if you knew anything more about the date stamp when I bought it.

Another great thread. Here are a few greytones I found in my collection. At least I think they're greytones.

House of Mystery #189:

3265183841_eac7b037b7_o.jpg

House of Mystery #197:

3266008640_cec225edd7_o.jpg

House of Mystery #205:

3265183773_36029d96b9_o.jpg

The Witching Hour #3:

3265183921_43373bb0fa_o.jpg

House of Mystery #205:

3265183773_36029d96b9_o.jpg

Never seen this cover. Love it! Gotta get me one of those.

Some of these covers look like they're done with charcoal or black chalk, rather than the earlier greytone technique (which believe me, I don't understand). But this one looks like a greytone.

Never seen this cover. Love it! Gotta get me one of those.

Some of these covers look like they're done with charcoal or black chalk, rather than the earlier greytone technique (which believe me, I don't understand). But this one looks like a greytone.

Yeah, most of the ones I was sure about have already been posted. The HoM 189 is really cool. Charcoal or whatever it is, it's like you can see Neal Adams' real drawing, inking free, every little line & squiggle. he may not be the greatest guy in person, but he could really draw back in the day.

The HoM 205 grabbed me right away when I saw if at the convention. It's a crazy cover, it just sucks me in.