• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Greytone Cover thread
3 3

661 posts in this topic

Here are a few recent pickups.

I can't get the colors right on the MIS 45, but it's a really bright copy.

The MIS 46 was a book I had never realized was a washtone until recently. However, I was really delighted by the Murphy Anderson story inside. It's STUNNING art. I'm not sure if it was a different inker (looks like Al Williamson) or just an exceptional effort by MA, but it's wonderful. I've always been a MA fan, but this was just great to find.

57440-mysteryinspace45a.jpg.8e24fde6f04f14a6f7503e2d6de4ea8c.jpg

57441-mysteryinspace46a.jpg.f4998ad1db5af51e38b8e9efd96cc9de.jpg

57442-houseofmystery92a.jpg.026ad548c6574b0d1273d08975bf9669.jpg

Here are a few recent pickups.

I can't get the colors right on the MIS 45, but it's a really bright copy.

The MIS 46 was a book I had never realized was a washtone until recently. However, I was really delighted by the Murphy Anderson story inside. It's STUNNING art. I'm not sure if it was a different inker (looks like Al Williamson) or just an exceptional effort by MA, but it's wonderful. I've always been a MA fan, but this was just great to find.

Nice posts, Buttock! Those 2 MIS covers are tough because of the dark colors on the edges. You have some VERY nice copies of some notoriously difficult-to-find books.

I'm going to check out the MA on my own MIS 46 copy now that you mention it. Loved his work on the Showcase revival issues, Atomic Knights, and early Hawkmans. I know that there're quite a few nice MA gems amongst the mystery/sci-fi genre.

Been kinda slow here lately. Nothing like a Heath washtone to stir things up.

Posted this (among others) in the war thread, but it belongs here also.

oaaw126.jpg

Love that cover. Here's mine

OAAW126.jpg