• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Greytone Cover thread
3 3

661 posts in this topic

Haven't seen any action on this thread for a long time.

Sorry for the crappy pic. My scanner doesn't do well with slabs.

This came care of war collector extraordinaire, Andy.

oaaw57.jpg

Man, that's a gorgeous book! :applause:

Haven't seen any action on this thread for a long time.

Sorry for the crappy pic. My scanner doesn't do well with slabs.

This came care of war collector extraordinaire, Andy.

oaaw57.jpg

Man, that's a gorgeous book! :applause:

Looks better than a 7.0. Very sweet!

Hiya Folks,

Some time ago, I promised we'd do some kind of survey on which comics actually are washtones or are NOT washtones or ones that fit into some "grey" area (pun entirely intended).

At any rate, what I thought I'd do is begin by gathering all the washtone images (DC only) that were cited throughout this thread and then put them up for folks to see. I got a lot of help from Collectron on this one so hats off to him for that. Searching some of these out was not an easy task for either of us. In some cases, we needed to leave the CGC boards and go to obscure websites just to get a mediocre scan. SSWS 130 was strangely the one that required the most searching.

To keep this uncomplicated, I'm going to post this in its own Silver Age thread.

Here's the link.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3535859#Post3535859

Just got this beauty courtesy of boardie Loboagain. Great colors and very white whites. :cloud9:

I'm now halfway home in completing the 24 issue run of BB Dark Ages issues. This one has the typical fantastic interior art by Kubert and Heath, in addition to the beautiful greytone cover.

BB22.jpg

Biachin' book, John!

Love those early B&Bs. Tough as nails in nice shape, too. Sweet purchase every step of the way. I think a bunch of people appreciate them, but underestimate how outstanding the early ones really are.

That's a beauty, Ken. (thumbs u

I snagged an unslabbed 11-book House of Secrets lot. Bright covers, super-clean backs, and off-white pages. Not quite pedigree quality, but definitely one of the nicest collections of 1959-62 DCs to emerge in recent years.

Is this a grey-tone cover? Im new to collecting and need advice. :/ How does Rex breath underwater?

DRX

CCF12152009_00000.jpg

Rex was originally Aquaman's dog...until he got his own series... :)

Rex looks suspiciously like Pooch from Our Fighting Forces with Gunner and Sarge. Maybe he had a twin.

DRX