• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Greytone Cover thread
3 3

661 posts in this topic

Is this a grey-tone cover? Im new to collecting and need advice. :/ How does Rex breath underwater?

DRX

CCF12152009_00000.jpg

Definitely a grey tone, and Rex can do just about anything he wants!

Actually, he isn't a "super" dog, just amazingly resourceful...which is part of the ridiculous charm of the series. I'm sure Rex was a very popular character with kids.

This looks like one too. Now I have to go through everything.

DRX

CCF12162009_00000.jpg

Yep, one of the best.

We've got a fairly complete list earlier in the thread, but maybe it's more fun to go through your collection looking for them!

Hi All

I have never posted before but just wanted to thank you all for this wonderful and informative thread.

I was brought up on Marvel Silver Age but have been buying early DC Silver Age 10 centers indiscriminately over the last few years without any real focus. In particular I have had no interest in the war titles - big mistake! I am now hooked on these marvellous covers.

Sold an Amazing Adult Fantasy # 11 last night and immediately purchased 6 of your list with the proceeds: Detective # 239, Mystery In Space # 55, Tales of Unexpected # 17, Tomahawk # 65 and Western Comics # 64 - all low to mid grade but still nice to look at.

Also went through my boxes and came up with 30 others from the list although doubles of some. I'm excited about the hunt for more.

Thanks again

mikeyc

Hi All

I have never posted before but just wanted to thank you all for this wonderful and informative thread.

I was brought up on Marvel Silver Age but have been buying early DC Silver Age 10 centers indiscriminately over the last few years without any real focus. In particular I have had no interest in the war titles - big mistake! I am now hooked on these marvellous covers.

Sold an Amazing Adult Fantasy # 11 last night and immediately purchased 6 of your list with the proceeds: Detective # 239, Mystery In Space # 55, Tales of Unexpected # 17, Tomahawk # 65 and Western Comics # 64 - all low to mid grade but still nice to look at.

Also went through my boxes and came up with 30 others from the list although doubles of some. I'm excited about the hunt for more.

Thanks again

mikeyc

Welcome to the Boards!

I'm amazed that you could find copies of all those greytones "immediately." Some aren't easy to find.

Post scans if you've got them. And pm me with your list of available doubles. :devil:

John

Thanks for your kind welcome. Tried some scans of a few of the issues I looked out the other night but can't upload as files too large.

re doubles I have two copies of Showcase # 28 - just bought another last week at my local comic shop - not in as good condition but couldn't resist and was a half price sale. Also have two copies of Sea Devils # 5, three of B&B # 44, two each of MIS #'s 45 and 55, two of Showcase # 25, and three of HoM # 92.

All are low/mid grade but let me know if there are any you want to trade for.

Kind regards

Mikey

I have two copies of Showcase # 28 - just bought another last week at my local comic shop - not in as good condition but couldn't resist and was a half price sale.

A 1/2 price Showcase # 28. Wheres this shop at? lol

DRX

John

Thanks for your kind welcome. Tried some scans of a few of the issues I looked out the other night but can't upload as files too large.

re doubles I have two copies of Showcase # 28 - just bought another last week at my local comic shop - not in as good condition but couldn't resist and was a half price sale. Also have two copies of Sea Devils # 5, three of B&B # 44, two each of MIS #'s 45 and 55, two of Showcase # 25, and three of HoM # 92.

All are low/mid grade but let me know if there are any you want to trade for.

Kind regards

Mikey

lol Looks like I have the same doubles you do: Showcase 25, HOM 92, and BB 44.

Most folks use Photobucket.com for hosting their pics. It's free and straight-forward to use.

http://s794.photobucket.com/albums/yy230/mikeyc67/DC%20Greytone%20covers/

Thanks for the tip. Trying out photobucket.

It works! To make the image appear embedded in a post just copy the IMG code beneath a picture and paste the text into your post like so.

This is one of my favorite greytones! (thumbs u

BraveBold44.jpg