• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Greytone Cover thread
3 3

661 posts in this topic

I just received my first DC greytone book. I've wanted this comic since I saw it on this forum about a year or so ago. Big thanks to Ken (Inaflash) for offering it for sale. :cloud9:

ww108-1.jpg

That's a real keeper! I don't have it yet, and don't see it often.

I love the handful of superhero greytones. There's just something ultracool about seeing the effect used on characters that you have such a well-established image of.

Thanks John, it's an absolute keeper.

I agree with you, I think this cover is such an incredible piece of art. The greytones add a level of depth to the characters and poignant lighting that the regular pen and ink covers of the time can't compare with.

This thread needs a bump. Waited a LONG time to snag a nice copy of this issue. Tough as hell above 5.0, and this one has white pages. Paid through the nose, but do I care? Nope! One of my favorite greytones.

MGA17.jpg

Paid through the nose, but do I care?

I hate when I get coins stuck in my sinuses.

Nice book though, and well worth the pain (thumbs u

Even worse, these were dollar bills coming out my nose. Lots and lots of them.

This thread needs a bump. Waited a LONG time to snag a nice copy of this issue. Tough as hell above 5.0, and this one has white pages. Paid through the nose, but do I care? Nope! One of my favorite greytones.

MGA17.jpg

Still a good deal for that book. One of the best, and not easy in grade.

Even worse, these were dollar bills coming out my nose. Lots and lots of them.

The only thing worse than paying through the nose is being paid through the nose. :sick:

Nice book! (thumbs u

MGA17.jpg

I LOVE that cover. I swear I can hear the grinding of rock, brick, and mortar as that statue loosens himself from the mantel. It's a disturbing scene because the statue isn't looking at anything in particular. . .it's intentions very much in question. That is an awesome cover. Tough as nails in grade, for sure. Beautiful copy, Andy!

Edited by Comick1

MGA17.jpg

I LOVE that cover. I swear I can hear the grinding of brick and mortar as that statue loosens himself from the mantel. That is an awesome cover. Tough as nails in grade, for sure. Beautiful copy, Andy!

The innards are pretty darn cool too IIRC.

MGA17.jpg

Sweeeeet copy. This one's still on my to get list, so if you have a decent under copy shoot me a line!