• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holy Comic Scandal!

210 posts in this topic

I'm guessing a lot of you forumites probably belong on a sex offender registry after reading comments in this thread 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

I was thinking the EXACT same thing.

Then again, with a pile of comic book collectors, what do you expect?

At least some level of common sense. Even when I was single, getting frisky with another guy's (that I was acquainted with, much less nearby) "girl" was not a very good idea.

Or another guys girl and her mom devil.gif

Isn't that the plot to Cherry #1? Heck, any Cherry comic? cloud9.gif

devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif

A shirt lifting is not a big affair? When it was clearly NOT provoked that is ground here for immediate firing. Do some of you even have a clue what it would be like to be on the end of this sort of treatment? How would you feel if your intentions was to have a good time with friends ended out being some gropefest which had to be physically broken up?

Clearly something happened here that was NOT right otherwise you would not have some guy running around all desparate for forgiveness. Had another party not been present how far would this pervert have taken it?

I don't care how "intimate" a situation may be or how the other person interprets it. When the evening is over it is over. It is not a "playful" invitation to "lift someone's shirt". If the other person is not receptive then that is it.

Further, all this blithery blather about well something may not have happened because there were no charges pressed ... so what? The cops don't charge alot people with stuff but that only says the case is not strong enough to proceed it doesn't mean that nothing happened! All parties said something bad happened and Mr Happy Hands is very lucky that there is not enough evidence to put him where he belongs.

A shirt lifting is not a big affair? When it was clearly NOT provoked that is ground here for immediate firing. Do some of you even have a clue what it would be like to be on the end of this sort of treatment? How would you feel if your intentions was to have a good time with friends ended out being some gropefest which had to be physically broken up?

Clearly something happened here that was NOT right otherwise you would not have some guy running around all desparate for forgiveness. Had another party not been present how far would this pervert have taken it?

I don't care how "intimate" a situation may be or how the other person interprets it. When the evening is over it is over. It is not a "playful" invitation to "lift someone's shirt". If the other person is not receptive then that is it.

Further, all this blithery blather about well something may not have happened because there were no charges pressed ... so what? The cops don't charge alot people with stuff but that only says the case is not strong enough to proceed it doesn't mean that nothing happened! All parties said something bad happened and Mr Happy Hands is very lucky that there is not enough evidence to put him where he belongs.

I'm sure Mr. Happy Hands will never try a stunt like that again other than on himself insane.gif

Ya, apparently the mods will allow JC to call my wife a man

Show me EXACTLY where I called your wife a M-A-N.

Man means Man and I never stated that.

You don't remeber this exchange:

She wanted to reply directly to you, but said it would get me banned from the forum.

You go ahead and tell him to post what he wants. I can take it.

Him and He refer to the male gender. gossip.gif

Gosh.. take those things that reside between your legs, and take them out of the purse bud. Let it roll of your back.

Like your wife rolled off hers when I was done with her the other night...

27_laughing.gif Wife jokes are fun aren't they?

Haha, actually you can joke about her all you want. I am laughing all the way off the bed bubba..

haha.jpg

Of course it's easier to take when you know I'm not really trying to insult you or her. JC's comments didn't come off like that to me. I feel like he was just taking it to a personal level instead of debating about the topic (which didn't bother me).

I'm pretty much over it as is my wife. Heck, unlike many here on the forum, I occasionally agree with JC on some topics. We just happen to be seeing this from two different perspectives. He's taking her account as black and white 100% fact and the other guy involved account as a lie (or atleast partial lie).

I'm reserving any such judgement unless more facts surface. I'm just as against rapists, child molestors and such as JC probably is, but don't see the evidence here in this case to put this guy in that catagory.

If more evidence surfaces or the police decide that charges are waranted, I'll be the first to speak out against him. But at this point, this is trial by internet specualtion.

The cops don't charge alot people with stuff but that only says the case is not strong enough to proceed it doesn't mean that nothing happened! All parties said something bad happened and Mr Happy Hands is very lucky that there is not enough evidence to put him where he belongs.

Actually the police cannot do a thing if she is not willing to press charges. Whenever I went to a fight or domestic violence call we always asked the person if they wanted to press charges, if they said no then that was it. We would ask one party to leave the home for the night and that would be the end of it.

If she should change her mind then they could proceed with an investigation and could file charges.

You're absolutely right. He should be shot, hung, mutilated, and eventually tortured to a slow gruelling death.

Do you feel better now?

I'm thinking that any halfway decent hotel has security cameras in their pool areas.

I'm also wondering when the party photos shown here were taken.Before,or after the incident.

With just the facts that have been presented here,the only real conclusion I can come to is that I don't like the fact that some of the money I've donated may have gone to pay for this investigation.I'm thinking that as an employee of the Fund was involved in an instance that might result in a civil lawsuit against the Fund,that their liability insurance should have done the investigation.

Brownstein is obviously an innocent who made a big mistake. A more experienced groper would have said something like this:

"She was reading a Gil Kane Captain Marvel from 1969 in what appeared to be, even in my inebriated state, a 9.6. The steam coming off the hot tub was dropping the CGC potential as much as a single point every ten seconds. Pressing would be the only answer but I knew I had to act fast. I bounded towards the Captain Marvel, knocking it out of the woman's hands and safely onto a mostly dry blue dress, lying at the side of the hot tub. While performing this heroic act, for the glory of the comic, the eponymous character, and the dear departed Mr. Kane, the young ladies left breast got in the way. She ranted and screamed about the incident, not willing to see the big picture or her own role in reading the comic so close to hot water. Sadly, the comic itself was lost in the melee, a strong temptation for a thief because of it's collectable value."

Would there be a fan in North America that could condemn him? I think not.

I've seen a stripper disrobe and do a lap dance on my date,

I think I've seen all I need to here. hi.gif

What Joe is really saying is..."I've seen all I want to see here." poke2.gif

As always, the PC brigade are viciously abusive towards anyone who questions their version of reality.

27_laughing.gif

Only murderers, drug dealers, terrorists, thieves and pension fund robbers are entitled to a presumption of innocence.

Drunken dorks who make a clumsy pass at a woman at 3am while sharing a hottub should be summarily executed.

Haha, actually you can joke about her all you want. I am laughing all the way off the bed bubba..

haha.jpg

this is called "outpunting your coverage"

The cops don't charge alot people with stuff but that only says the case is not strong enough to proceed it doesn't mean that nothing happened! All parties said something bad happened and Mr Happy Hands is very lucky that there is not enough evidence to put him where he belongs.

Actually the police cannot do a thing if she is not willing to press charges. Whenever I went to a fight or domestic violence call we always asked the person if they wanted to press charges, if they said no then that was it. We would ask one party to leave the home for the night and that would be the end of it.

If she should change her mind then they could proceed with an investigation and could file charges.

Actually this isn't entirely correct BellaDonna.

Back in the day when wife beating husbands would get arrested, and the wives would either be threatened by their husbands, or put on a guilt trip by family members, and in turn would decline pressing charges, it sometimes led to far too many woman dying in the hands of abusive men.

When one too many women would decline to press charges in cases of spousal abuse, it began to create a poisonous culture of "crying wolf" within enforcement agencies, that eventually created this false sense of perception that woman who claimed they were beaten by their husbands either had beaten wife-syndrome, deserved it, or should just suck it up because after all, their husbands had brainwashed them to believe that they were hitting them because they loved them.

This logic led to some drastic changes in the laws, and in many cases of domestic spousal abuse today, law enforcement will uphold the charges despite the fact that its going against the wife/womans wishes. These laws act to protect the woman to a much greater degree, especially in situations where their lives are being threatened, and/or may be forced to make a decision against their will for fear of their life.

Although these laws are not instituted in every province and state in North America, it has become a somewhat unversal approach within public policy and law making circles as a way to create awareness around the problems associated to spousal abuse, and to ensure woman who are victims of spousal abuse don't eventually become statistics.

To a large extent, the principles that inform these approaches to protecting woman sometimes apply to cases of sexual harrasment or gross sexual misconduct in public or the workplace. Outside of domestic matters, the way each case is dealt is left to the discretion of law enforcement officials. But I have seen cases like this brought under civil court matters because enforcement agencies were ill-equipped or completely backward in their way of handling the matter when it occured.

This logic led to some drastic changes in the laws, and in many cases of domestic spousal abuse today, law enforcement will uphold the charges despite the fact that its going against the wife/womans wishes.
Yep, just ask former quarterback Warren Moon.

Because of some law, Warren's wife was forced to testify against him even after she decided to drop the charges.

After reading more of this thread then it deserved I have 3 things to say.

#1. JC once told us he was kidding around 90% of the time, I assume his man/wife comment would fall into the "other" 10%.

Classy JC..even if it was a joke..real nice work there. thumbsup2.gif

#2. I think any woman who is alone with a semi-stranger in a hottub drinking at 3 am should know better. By all means...NO means NO. But cmon..learn how to NOT put yourself in a position to have to say NO in the first place. Learn to see it coming before you are forced to cut the guy/drunk off before he has the chance to make a fool of himself. Cause most times he will. I am not condoning his behaviour by any means, just being realistic, and by that I mean drunk people do stupid things..drunk people in hot tubs alone with hot woman do even stupider things. She is a very attractive woman, you would think she would have her masters at reading "drunk guys" who wanted to make a pass at her.

This guy sounds like a tool to me, a boob grab is one thing.. buyt the shirt lift was when it stepped over intomuch worse then misreading a person.

#3.WTF does D-nut know, and why aint he saying?

Ze-

I don't want our society to have the reaction that anybody deserves something based on the old clock on the wall.

I'm not ready to surrender certain times of the day to a rowdy and abusive crowd.

When the clock on the wall involves a man and a woman,alone,booze in a hot tub it kinda narrows it down a bit Mica. I didnt say it was right..just the way it is sometimes.

Besides I aint out to argue any point in this thread. Especialy if I dont know all the facts.

Ze-

I am not condoning his behaviour by any means

Of course you are. The minute anyone says things like "she should have known better", "look at what time it was" or "she was dressed too sexy", you are automatically foisting the blame on the victim, and determining when, where and how you feel it is alright to sexually assault someone.

Do you have a checklist for potential assailants to go through?

3 AM - check

Dressed in bikini - check

Am I drunk - check

foreheadslap.gif