• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

I took this Pic tonight for the group shot thread and hope it's okay to show it again on the SA war thread. Just a few of my favorite Rock covers. None are really HG, but I love them all the same. cloud9.gif

Picture218.jpg

Great shot of some great books, Fay!

Well done!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Andy

I took this Pic tonight for the group shot thread and hope it's okay to show it again on the SA war thread. Just a few of my favorite Rock covers. None are really HG, but I love them all the same. cloud9.gif

Picture218.jpg

All of those are killer covers and stories! Can't go wrong with Kubert Rock stories! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Hey Fay, what number is that book where Rock's on the barbed wire? Cool looking cover and it doesn't look familiar.

Cheers!

Andy

It's number 107 and probably my favorite cover these last few months. I just upgraded it a few months ago and it's about a FN/VF. It's an awesome cover, but there's so many in that category. The one I'm after next is 105 if I can find a nice copy. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Great book, after checking, I see that I do have one. yay.gif Good luck on your #105! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'm looking for a pretty good list of DC war books and I'm going to make a post in the WTB section tomorrow. If anyone has any extras, please check my list and let me know. flowerred.gif

Thanks everyone!! thumbsup2.gif

Andy

I love th cover to #107.... I got a nice solid FN+ a few years back off ebay for $12. It's just an awesome cover.

In related news, I said goodbye to my comics yesterday as I saw them loaded into the moving van to be shipped to my new home in Ontario. I was a little nervous, but upon describing how they were packed, the mover said 'safe as kittens'. Here was my method.

Every comic went into a mylite, sealed with tape, and then into a 4 ml mylar with two backing boards. They were all tightly packed into short boxes, with bubble wrap on the inside sides and top. Box was sealed, wrapped in more bubble wrap,and then sealed into a contractor-grade poly bag. This was then placed into a larger cardboard box with 4" clearance on all sides, and filled with polybeads or scrunched up packing newsprint. The other box was then sealed, and finally shrink wrapped. I saw them then loaded into the container, where they were packed into the centre of the shipment (least movement there, according to the shippers).

Oh, to be safe, I insured everything at double guide.

Biting my fingernails,

Shep

Poor guy...If you believe that they'll make it there fine, then they'll make it there fine. confused-smiley-013.gif If you're worried about them getting damaged in shipping, then something may happen. Shep, you're packing methods are fantastic and your books are as safe as safe can be. thumbsup2.gif Stop worrying and start getting excited about your new place in Ontario. yay.gif

Andy acclaim.gif

I love th cover to #107.... I got a nice solid FN+ a few years back off ebay for $12. It's just an awesome cover.

In related news, I said goodbye to my comics yesterday as I saw them loaded into the moving van to be shipped to my new home in Ontario. I was a little nervous, but upon describing how they were packed, the mover said 'safe as kittens'. Here was my method.

Every comic went into a mylite, sealed with tape, and then into a 4 ml mylar with two backing boards. They were all tightly packed into short boxes, with bubble wrap on the inside sides and top. Box was sealed, wrapped in more bubble wrap,and then sealed into a contractor-grade poly bag. This was then placed into a larger cardboard box with 4" clearance on all sides, and filled with polybeads or scrunched up packing newsprint. The other box was then sealed, and finally shrink wrapped. I saw them then loaded into the container, where they were packed into the centre of the shipment (least movement there, according to the shippers).

Oh, to be safe, I insured everything at double guide.

Biting my fingernails,

Shep

Good luck to you Shep. I'm sure with your packing methods, everything will come thru to your new place in tip top shape.

Just acquired: OAAW #90 and #102 both in FN as placeholders until I find better copies. The price was right. cloud9.gifcloud9.gif

When you're ready to unload those FNs, lemme know!

Shep

Oh... and thanks for the comforting words on my packing guys... I slept fine last night. I've got a really cool idea for setting up my comic room in the new house. When I get it all going, I'll post some pics.

A couple of G.I. Combats from a batch of readers I got today. Average date Feb 1960, average price about $5!. The way I like them -- complete, nice enough grade to admire and hold together in one piece, low enough grade to read or toss on the scanner with impunity.

GIC 41 from the end of the Quality run, "first Silver Age issue", 3rd last at Quality, probably Dillin/Cuidera artwork.

1730268-GIC41.jpg

And GIC 53, the 10th DC issue, Grandenetti cover?

1730268-GIC53.jpg

Jack

Good reading material -- especially for what you have to pay for them! thumbsup2.gif