• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

35 bucks??

great deal Fay

I've never even seen a copy of 83 much less an affordable one!

Thanks Karma23,

It has really nice inside pages and a real solid feel in your hands and a great second story. (I read last night thanks to AdamStrange thumbsup2.gif)

I think that seller either didn't know the exact value or he was giving me a good deal for buying 300 books or so from him. Half the fun is the hunt and you get lucky every once in while. 893crossfingers-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Do all the Salida copies have that ummm, "interesting" (my word would be hideous) stamp?

However, they are purty.

Most don't. And I'll be happy to take all those hideous copies you can find. I wouldn't want you to hurt your eyes! cool.gif

DCWarGroup.jpg

Dang!!!

Man, those are nice copies fellas. Here are a few that I have sitting around in photobucket... not great scans, and not as nice as those Salidas. But still...

gic80.jpg

gic97.jpg

GIC87AF.jpg

Great GIC 80 Shep! 893applaud-thumb.gif And let me know when that 87 becomes available. (Cha-ching!) gossip.gif

Andy

That's one's coming with me to the grave, Andy. Until I find a VF, that is!

Shep

Do all the Salida copies have that ummm, "interesting" (my word would be hideous) stamp?

However, they are purty.

Most don't. And I'll be happy to take all those hideous copies you can find. I wouldn't want you to hurt your eyes! cool.gif

DCWarGroup.jpg

Ho ho ho!!! Merry Christmas!

My oh my! What a sight to see all of those beauts together like that! cloud9.gif Can you post the OOAA 128 and the GIC 68, pretty please with sugar on top? hail.gif

Andy

However, they are purty.

Ho ho ho!!! Merry Christmas!

My oh my! What a sight to see all of those beauts together like that! cloud9.gif Can you post the OOAA 128 and the GIC 68, pretty please with sugar on top? hail.gif

Andy

Mommy, they're twisting my arm again!

There's definitely a better GIC 68 that someone on the boards has previously posted but since you asked this is mine:

GIC68.jpg

OAAW128.jpg

Evidently there were some other companies publishing war books in the 50s besides DC.

Battleground13.jpg