• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Reckon I've attended 4 war dinners in the past 7 years.

This year was terrific because I was able to buy the same Big-5 War Banquet shirt that I bought at my first dinner. I wore the hell out of that thing & my wife tossed it out when I wasn't looking like a mom with a box of sweet comics.

Does the war account have an associated paypal? Post it please Mick & I'll send some money.

I'll have to take a look at what's left. I guess I thought we'd sold the last Big-5 shirt at this last banquet. Maybe the only thing left is a shirt or two that Andy donated from his guess-the-final-auction-price-of-my-war-boo thread a couple years back. I'll let you guys know what I have.

my wife tossed it out when I wasn't looking like a mom with a box of sweet comics.

Bill, aren't you taking the Norman Bates thing a bit far if you're sooooo busy looking like a mom with a box of sweet comics that you're not paying attention when your wife tosses shirts out?

Edited by Comick1

I'll have to take a look at what's left. I guess I thought we'd sold the last Big-5 shirt at this last banquet. Maybe the only thing left is a shirt or two that Andy donated from his guess-the-final-auction-price-of-my-war-boo thread a couple years back. I'll let you guys know what I have.

I demand that Andy create more of those shirts! :sumo: I still have the one that lizards2 donated a while back. :cloud9:

Hi folks,

Here's the scan of the MOs as promised. I'm going to have my friend and fellow war banquet attendee, Greg Pharis, mail them off for me.

heathglanzmanmos_zps35f94d04.jpg

I spoke with Sue Glanzman and she says that Sam was devastated by the passing of his brother and Joe Kubert. He was pleased to see his USS Stevens story published in Joe Kubert presents, but his health has continued to worsen. I'm hoping that this'll take a bit of the pressure off of Sue who's been doing a bunch of the care-taking and she's no spring chicken.

I demand that Andy create more of those shirts! :sumo: I still have the one that lizards2 donated a while back. :cloud9:

I'll consider it, Mervin. (thumbs u

Reckon I've attended 4 war dinners in the past 7 years.

This year was terrific because I was able to buy the same Big-5 War Banquet shirt that I bought at my first dinner. I wore the hell out of that thing & my wife tossed it out when I wasn't looking like a mom with a box of sweet comics.

Does the war account have an associated paypal? Post it please Mick & I'll send some money.

I was sad that you didn't show up two years ago when I went. Was hoping to meet you. Glad to hear you snagged a cool tee, though. (thumbs u

You guys wear your Big-5 shirts? I've kept mine in a big mylar all these years, just waiting for CGC to announce that they'll grade and slab t-shirts.

Hah! Since none of yours will be in mint condition, mine will be the highest graded! :insane:

:frustrated:

OK, I hadn't had a chance to scan things until now. Here's my SD haul. I got a couple other things but they were non-war, so I posted 'em in the "Show us your 10¢era" and "What's new in your Silver" threads. Thanks to Dale Roberts and Richard Evans for these books.

aamow78_zps5327d1d1.jpg

oaaw42_zps10771b6b.jpg

oaaw73_zpsc4468cc0.jpg

off14_zps3c21eb7a.jpg

off33_zps0c1462db.jpg

ssws74_zps69f0a599.jpg

Someone spent some dough. :whistle:

Nah, between Richard and Dale's fire sales and my traditional teacher's discount, I spent a total of 5 dollah! I woulda bought more, but I had to save the rest for my trolley fare. :shy:

I think I saw most of these in person and, man, did you clean up! (worship)

OK, I hadn't had a chance to scan things until now. Here's my SD haul. I got a couple other things but they were non-war, so I posted 'em in the "Show us your 10¢era" and "What's new in your Silver" threads. Thanks to Dale Roberts and Richard Evans for these books.

Thanks for the tip on this little guy. This contains Bill Everett's one & only story he ever drew for DC.

AAMOW77pic.jpg