• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

I was at a small local show last weekend and picked up a nice copy of America At War for the princely sum of $6 :banana: It has some foxing along the edges but is otherwise a sharp copy and for $6 I couldn't pass it up.

th_photo_zpsco2cuvgx.jpg

That's some great reading for you 6 bucks!

I was at a small local show last weekend and picked up a nice copy of America At War for the princely sum of $6 :banana: It has some foxing along the edges but is otherwise a sharp copy and for $6 I couldn't pass it up.

th_photo_zpsco2cuvgx.jpg

That's actually my back up copy now. My original owner copy has a few sigs in it.

th_photo_zpsco2cuvgx.jpg

That's actually my back up copy now. My original owner copy has a few sigs in it.

Never bothered with signatures, but I DID do the same thing with my own copy of AAW. I think all of those Fireside hardcovers are the perfect thing to collect signatures in. Unfortunately, not too many of the folks whose material is reprinted within are around to sign anymore. :(

Never bothered with signatures, but I DID do the same thing with my own copy of AAW. I think all of those Fireside hardcovers are the perfect thing to collect signatures in. Unfortunately, not too many of the folks whose material is reprinted within are around to sign anymore. :(

Sadly true. Luckily I met Kubert, Severin and Cuidera before they passed.

Heath, thanks to you.

I need Glanzman though

Thanks guys. I really like that Kirby, maybe more even than Battle 70. The tank is awesome!

Here's another. I really should get out of the habit of dropping these in the GA forum - or at least cross post!

Battlefront32f_zps7poospfk.jpg

I never cared for the Kirby portion of this run, but I have to agree with you on the tank! ( :gossip: now sell it to me...)

Thanks guys. I really like that Kirby, maybe more even than Battle 70. The tank is awesome!

Here's another. I really should get out of the habit of dropping these in the GA forum - or at least cross post!

Battlefront32f_zps7poospfk.jpg

I never cared for the Kirby portion of this run, but I have to agree with you on the tank! ( :gossip: now sell it to me...)

.... Good luck with that....... but it is a beauty :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Now for something a little different. We all know Severin. But Severin's art really sings when he's cutting loose and having fun. Humor suits him.

SergeantBarneyBarker01fc_zpsfks2flcm.jpg

I recall someone positing the theory that this cover has a number of Atlas bullpen caricatures on it, but can't find it. Aside from speculating Stan Lee was the visual model for Barker ( though i can't find 1950s pix of Stan with a moustache), I recall that the blonde guy in the glasses is supposed to look like Joe Maneely. Anyone familiar with the bullpen at the time recognize other caricatures?