• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Wow Sean, that Russ Heath is just fantastic

Thanks, Kev. It was in limbo for a long time, but then Heath popped up at Wondercon! I figure it is not quite high grade enough to set most people's teeth on edge. :)

Wow Sean, that Russ Heath is just fantastic

Thanks, Kev. It was in limbo for a long time, but then Heath popped up at Wondercon! I figure it is not quite high grade enough to set most people's teeth on edge. :)

I would be well pleased with that book signed by Russ Heath, gimme a shout if you ever get sick of it ;)

These are on the way from Metro...... a couple of favorites in fairly nice shape.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

BATTLE55.jpg

WARADVENTURES10.jpg

Congrats! Battle 55 features a cool story by Williamson. I also like the Severin cover.

I need to seriously get into Atlas war one day!

These are on the way from Metro...... a couple of favorites in fairly nice shape.... GOD BLESS...

BATTLE55.jpg

WARADVENTURES10.jpg

Two pretty books. Congrats Jim (thumbs u

I like Atlas war because, when you can find them, VF range copies are usually less than 100 bucks. www.atlastales.com is a great help in finding out whether a favorite artist is represented in a given issue. Sometimes you get lucky with an issue that will have, for example, Williamson, Maneely, Heath, and Severin all in the same issue. Atlas war isn't as consistent as their D.C. counterparts..... but certain issues are as good as a war comic gets. Happy Memorial Day to you Vets out there.............. GOD BLESS.....

p.s. this one is also a book that has great material inside.....

WARADV12.jpg

Great covers Jim! Amazing covers on a lot of Atlas War comics. My want list grows fatter and fatter. :sick:lol

.... the beautiful thing about Atlas genre books is that, outside of horror, many sharp Fines can still be had for 40 bucks or less..... very tough to find without some interior cover tanning. Some of the most fun I've ever had is digging through boxes of Atlas when I'm lucky enough to find a dealer who carries them..... book after book that I've never even seen..... and some of the Atlas covers are as good as it gets..... the westerns can be especially affordable considering the scarcity, etc..... GOD BLESS...

Great covers Jim! Amazing covers on a lot of Atlas War comics. My want list grows fatter and fatter. :sick:lol

.... the beautiful thing about Atlas genre books is that, outside of horror, many sharp Fines can still be had for 40 bucks or less..... very tough to find without some interior cover tanning. Some of the most fun I've ever had is digging through boxes of Atlas when I'm lucky enough to find a dealer who carries them..... book after book that I've never even seen..... and some of the Atlas covers are as good as it gets..... the westerns can be especially affordable considering the scarcity, etc..... GOD BLESS...

Yeah Bro...nice fine grade copies draw me in like bees to honey. lol But once you start grabbing them...your stack adds up quick. Before you know it you blew a few hundred at the drop of a hat. :tonofbricks: At least there are not any mega keys like with the superhero stuff. (thumbs u

..... yeah, Tom and I were talking about that the other day....... " wow, it's ONLY a hundred dollar comic !"....... but man do they add up. GOD BLESS...