• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

Thanks for your comments one and all... it makes me feel a little more secure about dropping $$$ on a heavily restored book. I am still blown away by the cover art... just as I was when I first saw it in the Overstreet cover gallery in the back of the price guide (the edition was the one with the L.B. Cole cover feature I believe)!

I spotted this SCIENCE COMICS #4 on Ebay yesterday... prices are climbing quite rapidly!! Anyways, thought maybe one of you might be interested... its such a great cover, and the grade is really nice. Nice Kirby "Cosmic Carson" story inside, and cover by Simon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

Good luck! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I spotted this SCIENCE COMICS #4 on Ebay yesterday... prices are climbing quite rapidly!! Anyways, thought maybe one of you might be interested... its such a great cover, and the grade is really nice. Nice Kirby "Cosmic Carson" story inside, and cover by Simon.

Way ahead of you. I have already bid on it six times. Doubt I will win it though, especially after you decided to post the link here. tongue.gifpoke2.gif

Andy, you're moving into the Fox market? All hope is lost! 893whatthe.gif

It was only a matter of time before I went after some nice Simon and Fine stuff. The first couple of issues of most Fox titles are just fantastic.

Way ahead of you. I have already bid on it six times. Doubt I will win it though, especially after you decided to post the link here. tongue.gifpoke2.gif

OOOPS... I done bad?

just trying to help!! foreheadslap.gif

OOOPS... I done bad?

just trying to help!! foreheadslap.gif

I'm just kidding you. I actually expected that book to pop up on here. It's not like it was going to fly under the radar.

flowerred.gif

Way ahead of you. I have already bid on it six times. Doubt I will win it though...

BTW, the price would be lower if you hadn't bid on it six times... poke2.gif

gossip.gif Had to hit the reserve, which was $400 or so.

Andy, you're moving into the Fox market? All hope is lost! 893whatthe.gif

It was only a matter of time before I went after some nice Simon and Fine stuff. The first couple of issues of most Fox titles are just fantastic.

That is not true.....some are "Weird".....ugh...poor one...off to my igloo....jon

Hey Jon just curious but do you ever see yourself selling your collection one day? I seriously think that Geppi should set up a wing in his museum to showcase your collection as it would be a shame to see all these great books scattered all over the place (although I'd love to own a few).

Hey Jon just curious but do you ever see yourself selling your collection one day? I seriously think that Geppi should set up a wing in his museum to showcase your collection as it would be a shame to see all these great books scattered all over the place (although I'd love to own a few).

Heck, I'd like to own them ALL!!

What I have learned is that "never" is a long time. And to "never" say "never". Things happen. I have enjoyed my ride. I appreciate the feedback on some of these old books. We GA collectors have to stick together. I will post the Larson Sciences by the week-end. Jon