• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

let's see how joe did in that last month of service.

bb3.jpg

Those gangsters would be more successful if they weren't shooting pink lemonade.

read the story; the cops have a citrus allergy.

lol

Picked up this Patenaude cover as well......finally!!!!! Will take some in hand pics when it arrives...This is the condition I would ideally like to have all my treasures in if I could 1. find them and 2. afford them :D

26122227211_254d1a0568_b.jpg

Although not noted as such, this seems to me to be a Hitler cover. I don't think the Nazi in the corner would have been given a toothbrush mustache if he wasn't intended to be Hitler. hm

Thanks everyone!!! And great books all around!!! It is noted whenever it sold as a Hitler cover at least that I have seen in my short period learning and collecting these gems. The Blue Beetle story on the inside however doesn't at all match the cover as he is busting up regular ol' gangsters.

What I love most about this cover is how darn dynamic it is. The little details just blow my mind. If you look at it....and I mean really look at it...you will notice it is a US Flag cover as well down there on the naval ship ;) I like the perspective of it all. Up in a plane looking down heck even the gauges are drawn on there as the pilot is turned around to thwart our heroes rescue. Great stuff!!

I agree with ALL that the earlier and then later issues are the real shining stars of this publisher.

Here's West's list from a few years ago (I think he may have added some later) and you are right that MM 27 is there (now if we can get Overstreet and CGC on board!):

Here is a Hitler cover list I made that covers books from 1940's-1950's. Let me know if I missed any.

All Winners Comics #6

America's Best Comics #7, 8

All Star Comics #24

Arrow #3

Batman #18

Big Shot Comics # 25, 28, 32, 43, 46, 57

Blue Beetle #32, 34

Blue Bolt 4/1

Blue Circle #3

Bomber Comics #2, 4

Boy Comics 4, 7

Boy Commandos #2

Captain America #1, 2, 36

Captain Marvel Adventures #21

Captain Marvel Jr. #10, 13

Catman #3, 16, 19, 20

Champ Comics #24

Comedy Comics #20, 22

Daredevil Battles Hitler (#1)

Daredevil Comics #18

Famous Funnies #102

Fantastic Comics # 21, 22

Four Favorites #1, 11

Four Most V2#4

Great Comics #3

Green Hornet Comics #13

Headline Comics #8

Jackpot Comics #5

Joe Palooka #2

Jolly Jingles #12

Krazy Komics #9

Marvel Mystery Comics #37, 46, 63, 64

Master Comics #13, 29

Miss Fury #3, 4

More Fun Comics #75

Mystic Comics # 7, 9

Mystery Men #27

National Comics #12, 38, 39

Power Comics #2

Prize Comics #37

Real Life Comics #3

Sensation Comics #13

Shield-Wizard #8

Silver Streak #16, 21

Sparky Watts #1

Speed Comics #16???, 21, 24, 31

Spy Smasher # 9, 10

Startling Comics #12

Super Duck #1

Superman #17

Super Rabbit #1

Supersnipe Comics #8, 9

Target Comics V3#8

Terry-Toons #7

Thrilling Comics #41, 44, 45

T-Man #6, 34

Uncle Sam #5, 7

USA Comics #2, 5, 9

Weird Comics #20

Wonder Comics #1

Wonderworld Comics #32

World's Finest Comics #9

Young Allies #1, 9

Zip Comics #20, 26

West

Edited by Timely (10/02/09 01:10 PM)

(thumbs u Thanks!! I have 3 of those...a LOOOOOOONG way to go haha!!

Zip #26 is no longer considered a Hitler cover. I believe it was listed as such in early Oversteets, but the German soldier is clearly not Hitler.

I also don't think National #12 should be on the list. No German insignia of any kind and a pencil thin mustache rather than the bottle brush mustache put this in the generic dictator category for me.

Some good arguments have been made that Blue Beetle #34 doesn't belong on the list either, but it remains there for now.

man, oh man i love looking at all these early fox books [not knocking the later ones; i think many are very cool, i just draw the line in july '40]. keep 'em comin', please.

If you kept going for another month you would have things like this...

jaawid.jpg

don't judge me, but i don't like it. it is better than the fantastic, m. men and w'world books from 8/40, i admit. check this'un out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FANTASTIC-COMICS-9-1940-BONDAGE-CVR-FOX-GOLDEN-AGE-SAMSON-/231897018120?hash=item35fe23af08:g:mpwAAOSwLpdW~JUA

For better or for worse I've got the Larson of that one (Fantastic 9). Not one of Lamont's finest, that's for sure.

That is an interesting point, the F9 would have been put aside for him as usual, I wonder if he kept up with them after seeing a few more of the late 1940 covers. Anybody know how deep into the Fantastic run Larsons go?

At least through 22. Don't know if there is a Larson 23.

The list says 1-9, 20-22

Picked up this Patenaude cover as well......finally!!!!! Will take some in hand pics when it arrives...This is the condition I would ideally like to have all my treasures in if I could 1. find them and 2. afford them :D

Gino's been Fox hunting!

Nice book Gino. Presents very well for the number grade. I'd take those at that grade all day long!

:applause::applause: Congrats Gino! Extremely cool book!