• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

Still, Alanna, I can't fathom that it's the same person. Fradon is still with us, does shows and has been interviewed countless times. It's hard to believe that the question wouldn't have been raised at some point or that she wouldn't have mentioned that part of her career.

From an interview in the links in the Wiki entry:

Sequential Tart: When did you break into comics, and what lead to your breaking into comics?

Ramona Fradon: I think I started in about 1952. I had gone to art school, and I had no idea what I wanted to do. I got married. We were very poor. We needed some money. We had a friend named George Ward, and he had friends, and he was doing comic book lettering. He kept urging me to do some samples and try to get a job. So, I went out and bought a whole bunch of comic books and spent a couple of weeks reading them. I did a page of western action shots and took them up to DC and got a job. That was my first job– Murray Boltinoff gave me a job doing Shining Knight, a little feature, and then he gave me various things, like detective stories, and westerns, and finally they put me on Aquaman, which I did all during the 50's.

:bump:

Just got this one from the marketplace:

bb.jpg

cool! i bet that's a pretty rare book. i've never seen one before.

I love those covers! Great pick-up!

Here is the Church and a couple of later numbers by Patenaude.....

Fantastic, Jon! :applause:

fox gga is very cool. i went after only one title, but much to be said for the others, to be sure.

jojorun.jpg

That's a group shot I've seen from you before, and I love it more every time you show it. :cloud9:

Sweet!!

And the interiors are just as, if not more so, lovely! :cloud9: