• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The August Heritage Auction

312 posts in this topic

Why do that? You pay like 3% more in buyers fees.

yeah, I decided against it. The only reason I considered it is because there were a few books that ended pretty low last night. But I'm certain they'll jump up when the floor bidding goes up.

It's funny, I haven't seen a single book where the final internet bid stood. Every book jumps at least 2-3 increments once the floor opens.

I think that's just the 19% BP being added to the final bid.

It's funny, I haven't seen a single book where the final internet bid stood. Every book jumps at least 2-3 increments once the floor opens.

I think that's just the 19% BP being added to the final bid.

Is that how it works? If so, you might be right on some of these books. Still, I've seen so many jump hundreds and hundreds of dollars. A ton of these Scrooge books went to mail-in bids. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

On another note, can someone explain why the bound copies of Four Color sell for $4000+? I mean it's a set of trimmed and glued comics inside a hard cover book.

Now those are jumping big time via phone bids.

You ever try to put together a decent Four Color run? I haven't but I have it sucks big green donkey 893censored-thumb.gif!!! Yeah, I know, classy expression.

Well, yeah, I have. wink.gif At least the FC Barks books. They are expensive, but for $4k you could get quite a few of them in high grade. And they wouldn't be trimmed and glued into a cover.

High bidder on one book but its over $5K crazy.gif Will be surprised if it stays that way but if it does can someone say "fire sale".

did you get the book? the auction has already ended on some of the books. I won one grin.gif

hello all...

apparently I got the Batman 18 in 8.5 at my "max" secret bid...and I did it internet, so I guess no one else bid against it...looks like I am outbid on the tec 35...c'est la vie...

rick

A ton of these Scrooge books went to mail-in bids. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I thought I had become desensitized to sky high prices for Ducks, but I am yet again stunned by the prices that are being realized, particularly for the Scrooges in 9.6. 893whatthe.gif

The floor auction on the big run of Davis Crippen Detectives have now closed. I don't follow the Detective market, so would someone care to opine whether the prices were strong?

hello all...

apparently I got the Batman 18 in 8.5 at my "max" secret bid...and I did it internet, so I guess no one else bid against it...looks like I am outbid on the tec 35...c'est la vie...

rick

I was the underbid so for all you conspiracy theorists out there real people actually bid up the auctions you can all go home now. makepoint.gif

Guess you got your wish of going over $2500. tongue.gif

Yeah, with BP. Winning bid was $2400 (as I predicted). Was the low end of their estimate on eBay. I'm happy! Was targeting a 6.0 at Comicon. Glad I couldn't find one.

I'm gonna have to change my "Most Wanted Collectible" in my profile. However, my brother thinks I should only collect this issue. I need to search for those pics of collections of the same comic.

The floor auction on the big run of Davis Crippen Detectives have now closed. I don't follow the Detective market, so would someone care to opine whether the prices were strong?

I wasn't following scientifically and was focused on number 100 up, and for these, relative to guide, the prices were a mixed bag. Some were multiples while others were pretty close (over and under). I was especially curious about the 176 through 195 and there were healthy prices like 2.5x guide for VF on #195 and 3x guide for VF on the #188.