• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,460 posts in this topic

On 5/4/2024 at 12:09 PM, Frisco Larson said:

A great issue for sure! Here's my reader copy! 

Spectacular Spider-Man 2 1968.jpg

Such a fantastic painted Goblin cover.  I don't own that magazine copy anymore, but #39 is right up there with it!

ZSpidey fc #39361.jpg

Hello,

I am new to the forum, but not new to ASM. I have most of the books for AF15, 1 to 441. I am missing ~11 books (mostly the really early expensive books). Haven’t collected in years, but recently pulled the boxes out and have decided to try and complete the run. Is there a specific for sale/WTB section or does everyone just post on this thread? What are some of the best sites that sell ASM outside of eBay and my recent find of Heritage Auctions? I am looking for 3.0 or higher as a grade to start.

Thanks

• Administrator
On 5/6/2024 at 2:25 AM, wchow16 said:

Hello,

I am new to the forum, but not new to ASM. I have most of the books for AF15, 1 to 441. I am missing ~11 books (mostly the really early expensive books). Haven’t collected in years, but recently pulled the boxes out and have decided to try and complete the run. Is there a specific for sale/WTB section or does everyone just post on this thread? What are some of the best sites that sell ASM outside of eBay and my recent find of Heritage Auctions? I am looking for 3.0 or higher as a grade to start.

Thanks

Hi

Welcome to the boards.  We do have a want to buy forum.  It will be visible when a member reaches 50 posts.  WTB posts aren't allowed in any of the other sections. 

Mike

On 5/5/2024 at 11:25 PM, wchow16 said:

Hello,

Thanks

Welcome!  You might look at www.mycomicshop.com. They normally have numerous copies of ASM issues in a variety of grades, slabbed and raw.

Hope you'll post scans of your Silver Age Spidey's here in this thread!

On 5/5/2024 at 10:00 PM, mosconi said:

Such a fantastic painted Goblin cover.  I don't own that magazine copy anymore, but #39 is right up there with it!

ZSpidey fc #39361.jpg

Agreed on both counts! I saw that painted Romita cover in person at a Heritage live auction in 2002 (I think) and it isn't much bigger than the actual magazine! If memory serves, it sold for the paltry sum of $20K!!! Of course, that's a lot of bread, but not for what the art piece is! I'm pretty sure it's the only oil painted cover Romita ever did.

On 5/6/2024 at 6:56 AM, CGC Mike said:

Hi

Welcome to the boards.  We do have a want to buy forum.  It will be visible when a member reaches 50 posts.  WTB posts aren't allowed in any of the other sections. 

Mike

Thanks Mike.

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 9:28 AM, MattTheDuck said:

Welcome!  You might look at www.mycomicshop.com. They normally have numerous copies of ASM issues in a variety of grades, slabbed and raw.

Hope you'll post scans of your Silver Age Spidey's here in this thread!

Will check it out. Yes, will share pics when I have a moment. Thank you.

Edited by wchow16

On 5/7/2024 at 3:20 PM, Math Teacher said:

Amazing Spider-Man #14 CGC 6.5 from an IG user:

ASM14.thumb.jpg.8f202d3114a656dd871c27f66952692b.jpg

I assume this looks much better in person than in the original IG photo.   Colors look great 

Congrats 

On 5/11/2024 at 9:22 AM, Lee Enterprises said:

I doubt that ASM #19 is anyone's favorite cover, but it's one of the early issues that can still be found for a reasonable price in high grade. 

image.png.b863a1d9a2319f1ba627e7380cfe4f9f.png

I always liked that cover.  Here's art for a foreign edition which shows it without the text

Amazing Spider-man 19 prod art cover brazil sans text.JPG

Edited by BLUECHIPCOLLECTIBLES