• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,460 posts in this topic

Beautiful book! :applause: I've always liked this cover and the cool perspective as Spidey clings to the building. I think it's also known for the error/missing spider emblem on his back.

It was the drug use that caused it... :insane::devil:

Hi everyone,

I just started collecting Spidey, and this is the first ASM comic I bought. I wanted to share it with you. :)

I love the cover and the art in it.

IMG_4835_zpsysk395oc.jpg

Cool copy (and it's nice to see a raw instead of a slab). Enjoy! :applause:

Cool copy (and it's nice to see a raw instead of a slab). Enjoy! :applause:

Thanks! I always unslab my comics actually. I like to read them, but I also want to have a good quality copy. :)

Spidey is expensive in High Grade, but it's totally worth it IMO.

Picked up this coverless ASM 2 this weekend. Otherwise complete. The price was right. Love that Ditko splash, probably more than the actual cover! Sorry for the wavy bag pic, haven't had a chance to dig out a Mylite yet.

35jm1jp.jpg

Picked up this coverless ASM 2 this weekend. Otherwise complete. The price was right. Love that Ditko splash, probably more than the actual cover! Sorry for the wavy bag pic, haven't had a chance to dig out a Mylite yet.

35jm1jp.jpg

Gratz! nice starter book. Only one problem with buyng these books on the cheap like that is they are such classics its likely to start an itch to upgrade!

35jm1jp.jpg

Gratz! nice starter book. Only one problem with buyng these books on the cheap like that is they are such classics its likely to start an itch to upgrade!

You're absolutely right! My AF15 is just a 1.5, but I can already feel the urge to go ahead and try to put together a low grade Ditko run. My wallet is telling me to resist, but since when do I listen to my wallet? (My wife on the other hand...)

Some days my favorite all time spidey cover is #3 and somedays its this book :cloud9:

spidey20.jpg

For some reason this book/villain seems to fly under the radar a little but imo this one of the best stories as well. I'm guessing it would get a lot more attention if it was issue #10 instead of 20. At #20 maybe some of the excitement about early semi-keys starts to fade just a bit.

Some days my favorite all time spidey cover is #3 and somedays its this book :cloud9:

spidey20.jpg

For some reason this book/villain seems to fly under the radar a little but imo this one of the best stories as well. I'm guessing it would get a lot more attention if it was issue #10 instead of 20. At #20 maybe some of the excitement about early semi-keys starts to fade just a bit.

+1

This is by far one of the better early ASM stories.

The Scorpion is definitely an underused villain ( and my personal favorite)

zt9gjn.jpg

I love 29. Has that classic "I don't believe in false modesty(JJJ).... or any other kind(PP) "exchange. Although Parker just thinks his reply cause its his boss its classic stuff.

I actually had a boss once that had a lot of JJJ's traits! needless to say it was miserable working for him. Just that classic old school blow hard who doesn't really care about anybody else, maintains his public image and thinks hiw own **** doesn't stink.